Ring Doorbell and Camera support for Homey

I have a hard time troubleshooting this, simply because this is still working for me (on 3 homey’s, original 2016, pro 2019 and pro 2023) and the Diagnostics Reports don’t show anything so I have nothing to go on other than it doesn’t work for some users.

I’ll see if there’s anything I can think of to attack this problem from another angle but for now I can’t produce a fix for this.

Do you have the “official” app installed. I have the same issues there, maybe that gives you more testing options

Can i add you to my homey so you can diagnose?

Please pm me

@DaneedeKruyff i sended you an invite to my home so you can diagnose

@Joram_Bouman
No, it won’t. I have no access to the sourcecode so I can’t run it from the cli, so I would see the same as any other user installing the app

@Julian_Borghuis
That’s of no use, I won’t be able to see anything else or more than you can see on your Homey as the app is not run from the cli and it’s not posible to access the cli (console)

so we have no way to find out why the ring does not trigger anything? :confused:

1 Like

@DaneedeKruyff sorry to bother again, but I tried to remove and read and everything but still no single ring came through.

so now I’m just unlucky mine does not work? do I have to ask Ring? what else can we do?

Do you have an Amazon hub? When this happened in the past and we were waiting for things to come right (they generally do with persistence) I set up a VD in Homey. Then using Alexa skills this VD was exposed in Alexa. Ring works well with Alexa. When the doorbell rang it was detected in Alexa which then activated the VD which did whatever I wanted it to do in Homey.

no I have Homey and a google nest

Hi Rocky,

Asking Ring will do no good as the offer no support for 3rd party integrations as there is on official support as such.

I’m looking into replacing the API module in the app for a newer version, but can’t guarantee anything as this problem seems to affect portion of all users of the app so I highly doubt it’s caused by the app.

I hope to release a test version in the upcoming week.

2 Likes

Ok I’ll wait for your post then and then we try :slight_smile:
thanks for your efforts!

I’ve just published a test version to the App Store, you can find it here:

I have no certainty this will fix the problem some of you are experiencing, so no guarantees.

thanks - do I have to do anything besides installing the new version before testing?

No, you can just install it over the existing version.

I have installed and tested the app but unfortunately no positive outcome

no fix for the ring intercom for me :slightly_frowning_face:

nothing changed for me too sadly :frowning: