Ring Doorbell and Camera support for Homey

New version published

Version 2.10.26

• Repaired receiving of notifications after Ring API change.

Having not received any reports of problems nor any errors in the Developer Tools from version 2.10.25 I’ve decided to no longer wait until the final version of the new ring-client-api with the fix for not receiving notifications is published and let everyone benefit from the fixes in version 2.10.25.

This new version is exactly the same as the previous test version, I’ve just removed some additional logging I had put in place for easier troubleshooting in case the test version contained some bug.

To get, and keep notifications coming in all users that previously weren’t using the test version 2.10.25 need to perform the steps below:

• In the official Ring App, go to the Control Center. This can be reached from the main menu, under the Account section. See this article if you are having trouble finding it
  • Click on Authorized Client Devices
  • You will now see a list of authorized devices on your account. The devices created by this App will be listed as android devices, with names like:
    • Homey
    • Device name not found or Homey-Auth-token
  • Remove all devices with names like above (Device name not found may be in your own language!)
  • After removing the devices please stop and start the Ring Doorbell and Cameras app on your Homey
  • Now open any of your Ring devices in the Homey app and click the Try to Repair button to loggin at Ring.
  • Now you’ll have to wait a bit, while everything is setup right now there’s a delay before notifications actually start working again, wait at least a minute or 5. If after that time notifications are still not received, restart the Ring Doorbell and Cameras app once more.
6 Likes