[APP][Pro] Remotec Technology App (v2.4.3)

Remotec Technology app

This app adds support for devices made by Remotec Technology.

Athom Apps store: Remotec Technology Athom Apps (Homey ≥ 1.3.0 required)
Github repository: Remotec Technology app repository

Supported devices:

Remotec Scene Master ZRC-90 (BW8510)

image|200x
With the Remotec Scene Master ZRC-90 it is possible control any other devices (including non-Zwave) or set states / variables via Homey’s flows. The following triggers are supported:

• Button Pressed 1x (within 1 second)
  • Button Pressed 2x (within 1 second)
  • Button held down (5x per secon)
  • Button released

Note: All commands will be send to Homey. With this device it’s not possible to associate buttons to other devices to control them directly (without Homey).

Remotec ZXT-120 Z-Wave-to-AC IR Extender (BW8366)

The following capabilities are supported:

• Temperature measurement
  • Thermostat Mode
  • Thermostat Target Temperature (setpoint)
  • Thermostat Fan Speed Mode
  • Thermostat Fan Swing Mode
  • Thermostat On-Off
  • Battery capabilities (measure and alarm)

Remotec ZXT-600 AC Master (BW8490)

The following capabilities are supported:

• Temperature measurement
  • Thermostat Mode
  • Thermostat Target Temperature (setpoint)
  • Thermostat Fan Speed Mode
  • Thermostat Fan Swing Mode
  • Thermostat On-Off
  • Battery capabilities (measure and alarm)

Supported Languages:

• English
  • Dutch

Any requests please post them in the Remotec technology app topicon the Athom Forum or contact me on Slack
If possible, please report issues at the issues section on Github otherwise in the above mentioned topic.

Contributions

If you appreciate this app, contribute to future development by making a paypal contribution

1 Like

Changelog:

v2.2.4
fix

• Fix issue app crashing while using the ‘Set Fan “SWING” mode’ action card
  • Update Homey meshdriver to 1.2.30

v2.2.3
fix

• Fix issue where custom icons are not shown in Homey v2.0.0
  • Migrated to Homeycompose funtion (DEV only)

update:

• Update Homey meshdriver to 1.2.28

open issues:

• Only 1 picker (Thermostat mode) is shown in Homey v2.0.0, Fan mode is not shown

v2.2.2
fix

• Fix issue with ZXT-120 and ZXT-600 blocking settings to be updated

v2.2.1

• Add support (productTypeID’s) for all devices for the following regions: US, EU, AU, IL, JP, CN
  • Add link to Remotec app topic on community.athoms.com
  • Add polling interval setting for temperature measurements for ZXT-120
  • Restructure device settings ZXT-120 and ZXT-600
    fix
  • Fix issue with ZXT-120 temperature correction parameter number
  • Improve inclusion instructions for ZRC-90
    update:
  • Update Homey meshdriver to 1.2.25

v2.2.0

• Add full support for ZXT-600
  • Extended ZXT-120 implementation to full support (all options, including fan mode)
  • Major update for ZXT-120 driver / settings / polling intervals: re-inclusion of ZXT-120 is required
  • Add flow action cards supporting to set the Thermostat Mode, specific (mode based) Thermostat setpoints, Fan Speed Mode and Fan Swing mode
    fix:
  • Unable to set setpoint in cooling mode
    update:
  • Update Homey meshdriver to 1.2.23

v2.1.0

• Add initial support for the ZXT-120 Z-Wave-to-AC IR Extender (temperature and mode control)
    fix:
  • Fix issue where the battery alarm condition card cause the app to crash (flow rebuilding required)
    update:
  • Update Homey meshdriver to 1.2.8
  • Add link to Homey community forum topic

##Frequently Asked Questions

Anyone experience with controlling a Daikin Airconditioning that only uses infrared?

Yes, I’ve just tested the ZXT-120 with my Daikin.
Works almost perfect. What I mean by that, very fast response, most important functions work e.g. temperature setup, mode setup, fan speed, swing, ON/OFF.

Almost perfect because the fan speed I could only get it working when the ZXT-120 was in “Always Listening” mode and not in “FLiRS” mode.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting back @danone.

The issues not being able to get the ZXT-120 working in FLiRS mode are being looked into…
but are not device / app specific. There are currently multiple FLiRS devices that run into the same issue. Athom is looking into them at this moment.

The new update on the ZXT-120 has worked out for me. Before I couldn’t get my Samsung AC to cool but now it works.
Thanks Ted good work again on this thing.

I have questions about the temperature readings.
I would like to use these as a condition in a flow but the flow charts don’t exist. Could you make these for us? I have solved this now by writing a better logic variable on temperature change which I then use in the flow which activates the AC. But this is a flow extra which wouldn’t be needed.
How many readings does the device do because it seems to be stuck at 1 temperature where the room is cooled down. I use the device powered and in Always Listening mode.

@Toon_Vos can you share the flow you are using? Instead of creating a better logic variable, you can use the default device tags:

I can’t find in the specifications at what interval the temperature is being reported. I know it is being reported with every command being send to the device (similar to battery reports).
There are no options build in to change the reporting interval / threshold (unlike the ZXT-600).

I could implement a polling interval on the temperature values. Can you create a new Github issue for this feature request?

You’re right off course, I overlooked this option.

I posted the suggestion on GitHub

Does anyone have experience with the Remotec Z-Wave Scene Master in combination with the Homey?

Is working great here. I use it to switch home, sleep and some lights.

Yes, it works really good with Homey.

Works perfect! I also use it for home, sleep and lights. Beside that I use it to start my robotvacuum, netflix and a demo to show the capabilities of Homey

There will be some changes released soon that will make the actual usage of the Scene Master even more fun…

For the Z-wave based dimming devices in my own apps (MCOHome, Logic Home and Steinel) as well as for the Fibaro Dimmers (using the dimmer-2 myself), I’m currently testing 2 new action cards, that trigger the dimmer to start a dim level change (with direction) and stop a dim level change.

Enabling a more direct and easier (no more better logic values) way to control your dimming devices with the Remotec Scene Master (or Aqara wireless button):

Start level change (disabling flow required due to retriggering of key held scene):

Stop level change:

Will be releasing this update to the MCOHome, Logic Home and Steinel apps on short term and adding the same functionality to the Fibaro app (pending approval Athom).

I just released an update of the Remotec app to version 2.2.1 to the App store, see below changelog:

v2.2.1

• Add support (productTypeID’s) for all devices for the following regions: US, EU, AU, IL, JP, CN
  • Add link to Remotec app topic on community.athoms.com
  • Add polling interval setting for temperature measurements for ZXT-120
  • Restructure device settings ZXT-120 and ZXT-600
    fix
  • Fix issue with ZXT-120 temperature correction parameter number
  • Improve inclusion instructions for ZRC-90
    update:
  • Update Homey meshdriver to 1.2.25
1 Like

Thanks Ted for this nice app. The ZXT-120 is very responsive.

1 Like

Thank you Ted

Thanks you @Toon_Vos for testing and spotting a bug in v2.2.1…

v2.2.2 has just been released to the app store:

Hi, the app is really good and I have the scene controller doing exactly what I want.

Any chance we can get the ZTS-100 (think its called ZTS-110 in some markets too) added?
It is a really good z-wave thermostat and there are a lot out there, especially in Australia.
Here is a link to the manual;

thanks in advance

Hi @Luke_Fairbank,

To set the right expectations, I don’t think I will be able to work on this in 2018. Already made quite some commitments for other projects.

Not having this thermostat available / in an EU version compatible with my development Homey, will not make it easier…

Perhaps @limkopi78 (from AutomateAsia) would be able to add this thermostat to the app…

Or another community member with some (limited) coding experience; I’m always willing to support new developers…