Ok, just to be clear - I haven’t done much research other than seeing if there were any guides available. I did that on purpose, as I didn’t want to rush into this if there are any pitfalls someone else has already found I hope that’s ok.
Now, all my IKEA devices are added directly to Homey, and none of them have updated firmware. As I understand, some IKEA devices have really old firmware installed, so I was planning on upgrading all my light bulbs and sockets, and then upgrade any new devices before I add them in the future.
So…what’s the easiest way to remove them from Homey without breaking flows, updating them through the IKEA gateway and then readding them? I was thinking something like the following:
- Replace the device with a virtual device
- Remove the device from Homey
- Add it to IKEA (do I need a switch for this, or should a reset of the device get it in pairing mode?)
- Update it from the IKEA gateway (is there a function to check for new firmware, or do I need to wait for the gateway to do it at specific intervals? Or will it upgrade firmware on adding the device?)
- Remove the device
- Reset the device
- Add it to Homey
- Replace the virtual device with the real device
Any tips? Anything I should be aware of?
Thanks! If I don’t hear anything by the end of today I will just jump into it and use the opportunity to learn some new swear words in Spanish or something. Great chance for some immersive language learning