Plejd LED-10 Driver or Alternative?

I’m building a new house with over window LED lights and my electrician is pushing Plejd for the whole house. From what I have read, while there is an community app for Plejd, there are other better, easier to integrate options.

I’m planning to use shelly dimmers and switches for the lights, but for these integrated LEDs, shelly doesn’t make a 10w, dimmable LED driver like the Plejd LED-10.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a comparable 10w LED driver that would be a better option, or should I just go with the Plejd and live with the challenges that come with it?

Thanks!

Shelly are having drivers for LED’s but also a dimmer with loads between 1-200 watts. If they’re better in comparison to Plejd, I cannot tell because I’ve never been using them. But what I do know is that the Shelly’s would most likely be more open platform for integration to whatever system you will be using down the road.

BTW… I’ve always wondered why Swedish electricians seem to have a soft spot for Plejd but never really heard the reasons, do you know?

Hej Call_e, thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, the shelly option requires DC input, while the Plejd can take 230vac. So to use the shelly, we would need an additional DC power supply… which probably doesn’t conveniently fit into the electrical box behind the switch. Of course, you could solve this with a 12-24v DC power supply, but my electrician seems to not like this idea.

I don’t know why Swedish electricians are so fond of Plejd… maybe they get some rewards or perks from Plejd?

The Dimmer is rated for 230 VAC…

Hi Call_e,

yes, the Shelly Dimmer 2 can dim 230v LED or Halogen fixtures, but the LED’s that will be in my installation will be wired in low voltage, 12v DC, not 230v AC. So, i need to go from 230vAC at the switch to 12v DC to control the LED.

The shelly RGBw2 can absolutely do the job, but requires a separate 12v DV power supply as shown below. Where the plejd has a puck which fits in the switch that takes 230vAC and outputs 12-24vDC with no separate power supply needed.

Apparently my electrician is allergic to separate power supplies. :wink:

1 Like