Nuki 3.0 Pro does not work within Homey?

The Pro has WiFi built in but Nuki hasn’t opened up that one yet. So, for now it’s only possible to use the Bridge with the Pro if you want to connect the lock to Homey.

1 Like

Hmm I just don’t understand that. It has worked with WiFi for the last months, without a bridge…

With the Nuki app from Athom? I don’t know, but the last i’ve heard was that it isn’t available to third parties yet. That was when I tested it a few months ago.

yes, with the Athom Nuki app.

Ok, I can’t find anything about Nuki opening up the Pro. I have the Pro running with a bridge and that works perfectly. Seems like for HA it’s the same;

" Een lokale API voor de Smart Lock 3.0 Pro, die gebruik maakt van de gangbare MQTT-standaard, is al beschikbaar als bèta via een firmware-update en zal in 2023 als reguliere update worden uitgebracht."

Easily translated: local control of the new lock will be available soon.

Thanks Martijn, but the beta version is not available anymore? I can’t find it.

I honestly don’t know. This is from a press release that Nuki send today.

1 Like

Hmm the problem seems to be the new firmware on the Nuki 3.0 lock. Multiple users have connection issues since the last update.

The technicians at Nuki are aware of this issue and will address it in the next beta release.

Which FW do you use? Also the Beta 3.4.9 or 3.5.1 with the WiFi problems?
Yesterday a new stable version was released 3.4.10, maybe you can try this one?

3.4.10 is the current version. This morning was the first in a couple of weeks that Nuki was reachable via Homey. Seems like good news…!

Right, if you have „Auto Update“ enabled, this version 3.4.10 was installed automatically in the last 24 h.

I cannot deduce from this whether a Nuki Pro 3.0 works well or not without a bridge.
Given the passage of time, things could be different now.

It works well but nevertheless I bought a bridge to speed it up. The 3.0 pro on itself is a battery powered device so Nuki tries to not spend too much energy on WiFi so it’s a bit slower, this is not on the Homey side but in general. With the bridge it’s a bit faster

What is slow? Because I think it doesn’t all have to be so fast

Sometimes 5 seconds. I like it when I push the button on my iPhone I see something happening within a second or so :smiley:

So it is possible to add nuki 3.0 pro directly to homey, without a bridge? Does it work faster if you connect it by powercable?

Yes, without the bridge via the home WLAN and then with Homey.

I guess the power cable has no influence of the speed, it’s just needed to charge the power pack.

@Maurice, I can’t notice any difference in speed if the Nuki Pro 3.0 is connected via the bridge or directly via WLAN.

2 Likes

Fantross do you know by any chance if its possible to add nuki to a door where on the front side there is only a knob? So you cant turn the knob from the outside. Does nuki turn the key so far that you can open it from the outside?

Yes of course, this works. I have also just a knob on the outside of the door.
You can choose between lock (Verriegeln)/unlock (Entriegeln) and unlock and pull the latch (open the door):

However, I would recommend that you check the manufacturer’s website, as there are various criteria as to whether the Nuki can be installed or not.

1 Like