Notifications

I have just moved from SmartThings to Homey Pro, I am looking for a way to monitor so I can send a Notification when a contact sensor is left open for a certain time, keep sending notification every XX minutes until closed then notify me it has been closed

Example: IF CONTACT_SENSOR has been OPEN for 60 Minutes: Then SEND_NOTIFICATION CONTACT SENSOR has been open for an HOUR: Then resend every 60 Minutes until the contact sensor is closed: Then SEND_NOTIFICATION the SENSOR is now closed

Any Help is appreciated

Hi Peter and welcome to the Homey Community.

First of all you need a timer app like Countdown timers, Chronograph, CountDown.
I use the Chronograph app.

Flow 1
When…
– The contact alarm turned on
Then…
– Start or replace timer with a duration of 60 min

Flow 2
When…
– Timer is finished
Then…
– Send push notification “Door has been open for an hour”
– Start or replace timer with a duration of 60 min

Flow 3
When…
– The contact alarm turned off
Then…
– Send push notification “Door is closed”
– Stop timer

Note: With these flows, a “Door is closed” push message is also sent if the door is also already closed again within the first 60 minutes. If the push message “Door is closed” is to be sent only after the first 60 minutes, then the flows must be modified.

For the future I would suggest to use first the search function, because there are already some similar cases in the community.

1 Like

Nevermind😁

I was thinking about this option as well. But it is definitely not necessary, because the timer is stopped as soon as the door is closed. So it cannot happen that the timer runs to the end even though the door is already closed.

Yeah I saw that later on! Flows are perfect.
So nevermind my comment😁

1 Like

Excellent thanks, I was on the right track I used Countdown Timers and seem to have it working .