[APP][Pro] NodOn - Z-Wave devices (Stable: v3.0.1, Test: v3.0.3)

NodOn Z-wave app

This app adds support for Z-Wave devices made by NodOn.
NodOn Logo

Links:

Athom app-store
Github repository

Supported devices:

NodOn Micro Smart Plug

Micro Smart Plug
A wall plug that can be switch on or off, and measures the power usage of the connected device(s).

Capabilities:

• Turn On / Off
  • Measure Power (Wattage (W))
  • Measure Energie (KiloWatt/hour (kWh))

NodOn Smart Plug

Smart Plug
A wall plug that can switch on or off a big load (3000W), but of course also smaller loads.

Capabilities:

• Turn On / Off

NodOn Octan Remote

Octan Remote
A remote with magnetic holder, with 4 buttons that can activate several scenes and/or devices.

Capabilities:

• Battery Level
  • Scene Triggers:
    • Single Press
    • Double Press
    • Press and Hold (1x or every second)
    • Release Hold
  • Sequences (Software based)

NodOn Soft Remote

Soft Remote
A remote with a (soft) silicon skin that can handle a tumble, with 4 buttons that can activate several scenes and/or devices.

Capabilities:

• Battery Level
  • Scene Triggers:
    • Single Press
    • Double Press
    • Release Hold

NodOn Wall Switch

Wall Switch
A battery operated wall switch, with 2 switches (and separate up and down directions) that can activate several scenes and/or devices.

Capabilities:

• Battery Level
  • Scene Triggers:
    • Single Press
    • Double Press
    • Release Hold

Supported Languages:

• English
  • Dutch (Nederlands)

Any requests or questions you can contact me on this Forum or on Slack
If possible, please report issues on Github.

Sequences:

The 2 remotes and wall switch offer the ability to create sequences of the button presses.
This means the amount of different triggers you can have is theoratically infinite.
This is software based, so the longer the sequence, the more prone it is to not trigger that particular flow (Homey might miss a button press).
You can create a sequence in the flow card by chaining the button numbers (left to right, top to bottom) with a comma ( , ) or semicolon ( ; ) in between the buttons.
Example: 1,3 for the sequence top left, then bottom left.

Changelog:

v3.0.3 (test):

• Various stability improvements

v3.0.1 (stable):

• Re-write to SDKv3
  • Additional changes:
    • Changed the “hold” trigger to every second, instead of 5 times a second to keep Homey from disabling that flow card immediately
    • Updated all icons to be more clear
    • Added a Reset Meter maintenance action
    • Updated all images to make them more consistent
    • Minor stability improvements

v2.1.0:

• Add battery types to the appropriate battery devices.

v2.0.3:

• Fix the app crashing when triggering on “power lost”.
  • Fix all icons not showing in the app.
  • Update meshdriver

v2.0.2:

• Visual improvements for Homey V2 (still need to do icons) - Update meshdriver

Note

This app add only Z-wave devices, and not any of the other wireless technologies like EnOcean.

Contributions

If you appreciate this app, contribute to future development by making a paypal contribution

1 Like

Thanks for the app! It worked great until recently. My Octan remote stopped working. Unpaired and uninstalled the app, but now I am unable to add the remote to homey. It says “identified as a controller” and then “Something went wrong”.

did you check your battery level?

Thanks for the reply. Will check the battery and report back.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Which device to use for zwave range extention

i don’t even know what the 1+2 hold then press 3 does as that isn’t in the manual.
try resetting the device internally and try again, might be that your device just died.

Edit: just found out what it does (just sending the NIF), but that won’t include the device in homey though.

You were right. Had to change the battery. It now works as expected. Thsnk you!

1 Like

I have 2 Nodon Z-wave wall remotes which are both within 4-5 metres of an Everspring wall socket but the Nodons are routed directly to the Homey which is about 7 metres away on the floor below. They constantly become unresponsive or unreachable but do work after a delay (sometimes a long delay) so I am assuming that the distance from Nodons to Homey is just on the limit.

I have tried to use the heal option within Homey Developer but always seem to get a “REQUEST_NEIGHBOR_UPDATE_FAILED” response therefore no change to the routing occurs.

Any ideas?

@Caseda ^^

While the heal button being there for battery devices, and some people say it helps.
A heal command renews the internal table of neighbouring devices in the device you heal.
A battery device doesn’t have such a table, so a heal command won’t do anything, even if it would succeed to be send by Homey.

A heal command works only on mains powered devices, so if you want to improve routing, you’ll have to target all mains powered devices nearby the device.
Then wake up (press a button) on the NodOn device, so all mains powered devices nearby that are renewing their table know that NodOn device is a neighbour.

If you still really want to try and renew the table in the nodon, you’ll have to wake up any battery device to be able to send the heal command at all, a batttery device is asleep 99% of the time so won’t listen to any commands to save battery

1 Like

I have a NodOn Soft Remote.
In Advanced Settings, I try to set the “mode buttons 1&3” and “mode buttons 2&4” to Single Button Control, but when trying to save the settings I get a time-out. I rebooted Homey already.
What do I do wrong?

Do you wake up the remote just before saving the settings? Like mentioned in the app’s description.

1 Like

Thanks, that did the trick!

Hello, I cannot register my brand new Wall Switch, I’m following the procedure (Hold both UP button for 4 seconds, then Press Upper-Left), but nothing happens.
However When I Hold the same buttons then presss Lower-Left, I can go to step 2, then doing the same leads to Adding device, then Something went wrong, please try again later.
Could you please help ?

What a great controller!
But i don’t sww how i can use button 1 for lights on, and button 3 for light off (just an example).

2 and 4 i manage to separate due to “logic” but not 1 and 3.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your reply. When i used single button i only could control one light. So it needs to be on dual button. I guess im doing something wrong but can’t figure out what

No, i had single button on 1-3 and scenes on 2-4 hoping that i could control one function with button 1,and one function on button 2, and two scenes on the other buttons.
But in dual mode button 1 and 3 are doing the same things, even with logic

Thanks. Will try :ok_hand:

Hello.

Ive tried to put everything in scene, but 1,3 button still not working.

Pleased see pictures and add a comment if you have

if you go to the developer tools website and enable and check the log when you press a button (you can filter on the node ID if necessary) do you see any data come in? if so, could you paste that data here?