New layout app store

Totally agree, the new app site is as worse as it can be. Nice design, but what’s fhe use if you can’t find apps?
Design something new, test it thoroughly and only after that, get it online.
And have I totally missed an anouncement about it?

Athoms seems to be busier with usp’s as Energy than making sure other, more important things work properly…

On slack they have told everybody they have heard the request and know the demand for it. They will not give timelines, as they never do, but they know how much the feature is requested for.

They have also mentioned multiple times that they have many developers, and have also mentioned that there are two developers working upon zigbee.

I highly recommend that you read the following book if you want to understand in greater detail

1 Like

Haven’t read the book, but its arguable the conclusions are still valid.
We’ve come a long way since the last release in 1995 (24 years!) and the way software development is done now a days differs a lot from back then, not to mention that the languages and tools used are leaps ahead. I dare to say, breaking stuff up into smaller chunks and get more focus from a team (and more teams, so more chunks) on that particular chunk will improve development speed.

1 Like

Yes, i tried to find Smoke Detector in the appstore, it used to give you all apps that had support for a smoke detector. Now i only get Fibaro. I allways used the appstore for finding new products for my homey. But that seems history now.

Wtf athom… The new appstore looks cool, but in the basics there is no improvement…

1 Like

Sorry @Jamie, what are you trying to say?

busier with usp’s as Energy than making sure other, more important things work properly

Hey @Henk_Renting , I am actually agreeing with @DaneedeKruyff - Multiple people, especially these days using agile methodologies, stories and likely languages etc, can work on multiple tasks.

Just because there is a new app store doesn’t mean other features have been delayed. And Brooks law states adding multiple people to the same “small chunk” will not make it be released faster.

ie. Regarding the app store If you have feedback, or want to vent, or disseminate it , you should. But don’t make blanket statements and spout your incorrect assumptions as fact.

Just now there are a couple of additions pushed. Top 5 of each categories, and the pictures work again in the search window. Slowly it’s getting there.

I disagree, @Jamie.
As I wrote, it SEEMS. I do not take it as a fact.
But as people can only spend their time once,. Any energy given to one thing, was not spend on another.

Furthermore, I think this discussion is getting off-topic, as the new app-site is being discussed here. And tgat site is really crappy at the moment, imho.

I therefor leave this discussion, so focus can be on the topic discussed here.

1 Like

I also really mis the ‘browse in apps’ section… Will sent a request to Athom.

2 Likes

I also miss the old app store, there is no complete overview of apps anymore and the search for apps is terrible. Bad upgrade, loosing functionality that was there before.

1 Like

Why not use the words of TOP 5 “SUBJECT” as shortcut to ALL the APPS from that SUBJECT.

That has been suggested many times now. They are aware of it and it’s on the roadmap somewhere. They don’t give any promises about timelines.

We have a bunch of smart people here, let’s build our own site, with the option to show all apps.
Anyone interested in helping? it’s not a huge project

3 Likes

Please add All Apps and categories like in old apps version

3 Likes

Well, making tickets helps sometimes I guess.
They changed the store, you can see all the apps again now :slightly_smiling_face:

[edit]
Although you still can’t see a list of all new apps.

1 Like

New apps also listed in recently udateted

1 Like

OK, but you can’t browse those, you only see the 10 most recent.

For now we have to deal with that

Imho they should just add an “show all apps” button, and let us chose to sort that list by update/release date, name or popularity.

2 Likes