New house - new dimmers. Go Z-wave of Zigbee?

Thanks for the info TEDTolBoom!

Can this Z-wave or Zigbee rotary dimmers from ROBB smarrt replace the main lightswitch for a hue system? In other word solve the problem with kids turning off main switch and make the hue useless?

I guess so, if you donā€™t connect the load wireā€¦

If I could give you a piece of advice: just stop trying to put a Philips Hue bulb on a power source that itself depends on a switch! People who do this simply donā€™t understand how these Philips Hue light bulbs work. They need to be continuously powered, and even turned off they must continue to be powered. The worst system you can put in place is bulbs connected to the end of an electrical source controlled by a switch. If you live alone in your house all year round, why not, but if not, the first foreign person who comes to your house will press the switch and it will be the beginning of the problems. Put Fibaro switches in switches that control simple LED bulbs without any connectivity. And Philips Hue and IKEA Tradfri bulbs, plug them into DC power outlets or make the switch inoperative.

Just circumvent the light switch by not wiring it :man_shrugging:

Iā€™ve had this dilemma when I renovated a part of the livingroom. I donā€™t wanted everyone to switch the light the hard way, but I also donā€™t wanted to remove the ability to switch the lights the hard way. Thereā€™s Alwayā€™s a possibility of a malfunction somewhere down the digital chain, Phone error, Homey error, Wi-Fi router error, light hub errorā€¦ It would be really annoying if there isnā€™t a possibility to turn on/off the lights in that case.

I eventually made a hidden cabinet with all the switches to control the lights.

2 Likes