Monitoring of electricity flows (becomes) from FVE by Shelly 3EM

Hi all,
Does anyone have an idea, please, of how to monitor the overflows from the PV plant to the network in a horizon of, for example, 5 minutes? For example: if in the past 5 minutes more than 50W (in total) was overflowed into the distribution network on 1 phase, then do …
PV inverter is Goodwe
Thank you all

So you mean for 5 minutes at least 50 W?
If the power drops below 50 W within the 5 minutes, then the flow should be restarted when the power rises above 50 W again?

I mean more than 50W in 5minutes > alert me, restart timer and W value and repeat the counter. (time and Watt are for example)

[Mode break: removed private information /caseda]

This card does exactly what you describe

The option “Continuously while true” starts the card over and triggers again when the value >= 50W for 5 minutes again, and it keeps repeating.

Okay, you didn’t understand my question. It’s a different between in 5 minutes or for 5 minutes.
But you already got help.

correctly, the sum of consumption in 5 minutes is more than xx 50W. So an average of instantaneous values. Consumption flies(increae) randomly in bursts from 5-150W

the goal is to monitor the flows into the distribution network from the PV plant. The top ones cannot be monitored, but from the average one can already conclude that something is wrong.

I need to evaluate the average flow rate, which is intermittent from 5-100W for a period of time (perhaps 5 minutes). So this flow cannot be used
Thank you

I believe it is easier to use (Wh) rather than power (W) for this, assuming there is a tag for that.
Trigger a flow every 5 minutes, or even easier 6 minutes as that’s a tenth of an hour.
If the delivered energy has increased more than 5 Wh since the last reading then you have had an average power output above 50W.
This technique requires a variable to hold the value of the last reading which will then be updated after each evaluation.

1 Like

But I don’t know where to get the Wh data from the delivery to the GRID. I couldn’t find a negative consumption counter on Shelly (in Homey).

You’re welcome. I cannot help when you change your usecase. This was the version I responded to

:crazy_face:

1 Like

this issue is poorly described in English. However, it is thought in the sum. The result should be the monitoring of PV production flows into the distribution network, as it is written in the title.

[Mod break: removed private information /Caseda]

I don’t have the 3EM so I can’t check, but perhaps it’s called “Returned Energy”

Probably better to ask in the general support thread for Shelly, I believe it will increase your chances to get an accurate answer.

Goodwee inverters have their own app (as i know) which can operate on mod bus with 5s delay in data.

Hi Jiri, i used goodwe app for homey, works great, but I did not manage to put together any condition where I can reach the sum of all the Returned energy - their average for the time (for example 5 minutes)

But the inverter doesn’t know how much energy is delivered to the grid, which I believe is what this question is about. For that you have to read the Shelly, which is why I recommended to ask in the Shelly thread.

Inverter does know it (if there is nothing bypassed like my wallbox). But better data you can get in Insights.

I know this counter, and I follow it. But these are current values, where the range is from 5 - 5000W (the plus value is supply to the network). But i need to get the average value for maybe 5 minutes. I need to know that something has failed and I have large deliveries to the network, peak and second deliveries are not problem.
Thank you for tip

maybe this could work. I will test

What about using something like this? Better Logic Library App for Homey | Homey :slight_smile: