Mi.Light app

Hoi Vincent. Excuse me. I saw that in my phone homey mi-light colors palet working perfect and the web app on.my desktop have that problem that i couldn’t changing the colors.

Hi Vincent

A bit more feedback - I hope it helps. I don’t often colour my bulbs, but I’ve noticed that with my setup (Milight box v1, Milight bulbs, MR16 and E27) the colour wheel selects the wrong colour. Example, if I want the bulb to be red I have to select blue on the colour wheel. Some colours are correct, example purple.

My version 1 Milight box is detected as RGBW Bridge by the app. I assume this is correct? I’m on v4.2.9 of your app. I’m using zones 1 and 2 and both zones are affected by the colour mis-match.

Best wishes

Chris

Ah, I’ve just spotted the advanced setting to swop colours. I’ll try it when I’m next home. However, my observation was that the colours were correct when I’m using the Milight native app, but incorrect when I’m using Homey with the Milight Homey app.

Hello, thanks for the feedback about the colors, did you try the setting in the advanced settings for your device ? There is one to “invert red and green values”. Otherwise I’ll look at it for next update.

Vincent,

After several attempts to install my MiBoxer WL-Box1 in the Homey Mi-Light app, I discovered that the app apparently only works with the original Mi-Light boxes.
However, since 2019, Mi-Light has switched to MiBoxer and these do not work with the Mi-Light app.
Is it possible to add the MiBoxer WL-Box1 and the MiBoxer WL-Box2 to the app?

Vincent,

Ik ben na diverse pogingen om mijn MiBoxer WL-Box1 in de Homey Mi-Lightapp geïnstalleerd te krijgen er achter gekomen dat de app blijkbaar alleen maar werkt met de oorspronkelijke Mi-Light boxen.
Echter sinds 2019 is Mi-Light overgegaan naar MiBoxer en deze werken niet met de Mi-Light app.
Is het mogelijk om de MiBoxer WL-Box1 en de MiBoxer WL-Box2 toe te voegen aan de app?

Hello @Ron_Mone, unfortunately, from what I read on other forums, the new MiBoxer gateway is tricky and so far it seems that no-one have been able to reverse engineer how the mobile app communicate with the gateway. Simple UDP calls are not enough anymore. I would recommend that you try to find an old MiLight gateway or change your bulbs controllers for zigbee controllers.