Looking for a script that summarizes broken Zigbee and Z-Wave devices

Does anyone have a script that summarizes broken Zigbee and Z-Wave devices?

This script shows ā€œunavailableā€ devices:

But I donā€™t know if "unavailable"is the same like ā€œbrokenā€.

If you know a good way to determine how a device shows it is ā€œbrokenā€ we might be able to create something, as just ā€œnot reported in a dayā€ (which already has a few HomeyScripts for that purpose) doesnā€™t mean it is broken, example, I have Aeotec doorsensors that only sends the battery level if it has changed from previous value, and some doors I donā€™t open in the winter so donā€™t send anything for several weeks.
The ā€œIā€™ve woken upā€ signal isnā€™t available for anything besides the Homey Z-Wave core.
Zigbee does have a ā€œlast seenā€ option, but that is also for only Homey Pro (early 2023), it isnā€™t there for the older versions (I believe).

It is pretty hard to determine if a device is broken yes or no with Homey, especially with the mix of battery and mains powered (and for Z-Wave also FLiRS devices).
Also for Z-Wave the ā€œUnavailableā€ tag doesnā€™t always mean it is broken (99.9% of the time it doesnā€™t).

Hmmmm @Caseda I didnā€™t knew that.
Too bad, I hoped that every device would send a ā€œheartbeatā€ every day, that would have made it a lot easier to check.

And I know there is a lot to do about ā€œbrokenā€" devices.
In general at this moment I donā€™t have a lot of ā€œbroken deviceā€ issues.
But for example, a doorsensor didnā€™t report a door open doesnā€™t by definition mean the door isnā€™t opened but could also mean the device is broken.

I am not a programmer, and not by far familiar with Homey Script and I copy pasted something and played around with the ā€œlast seenā€ option for Zigbee.
This kind of idea works for me at this moment for Zigbee.
But it is ā€¦ how shall I call it, amateur ā€œrumbling in the marginsā€.

And I had hoped that there was a somebody who created a nice clean script voor Zigbee aswell as Z-Wave.

You can try this flow below, script is included.
Itā€™s not 100% accurate, but helps me a lot to report on ā€˜suspectā€™ devices.

1 Like

Thank You @Peter_Kawa !

1 Like