Ical calender time change

if the ics file is broken, I’ll make a new one tomorrow on the Windows Computer. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:
I don’t know how that can be done on android. Homey location is set correctly with automatically turned off. But just with the map set correctly.
Homey development is it timezone Europe\Amsterdam
It is gmt+2 which is the Netherlands summer time after all. So with you it would just start at 00:00 ?

crazy that it is so confusing in the ics file do you have to set the calendar correctly when sharing Gmail calendar ? It’s been a long time since I shared that file.

Here’s how to find the Gmail calendar url to use in IcalCalendar: GitHub - runely/calendar-homey: Gives Homey flow cards to trigger on your calendar events

Let me know how that plays out

1 Like

Just for my understanding: is the “GMT+0000” there just because of the SDKv3 weirdness? Because the timestamp isn’t showing the correct timezone/offset.

Since SDKv3 now runs on UTC, and whole day events are stored as UTC in the .ics file, adding the offset for the current timezone to the whole day event would give wrong start/end timestamp.

So yes, this is because of SDKv3 weirdness

1 Like

New ical copied equals a test event set at 00:00 so we’re going to experience it.
There is also a reset button in the ical settings in Gmail should I do that ?
What I see is that the ical is still exactly the same. The time zone is also set to GMT+2

The reset button will create a completely new link for you, making the previous link unusable. No need to use it unless you want to invalidate all places where you’ve used the link.

Can you install the latest IcalCalendar v1.0.4. This version will log some more info about your timezone and all day events.

When v1.0.4 is installed please do the following:

1. Make a new Flow where:
    • the trigger card is Flow → This flow is started
    • the action card is IcalCalendar → Sync calendars
  2. Run the created flow
  3. Wait for 3 minutes
  4. Send me a diagnostics report by doing the following:
    1. Go to More → Settings in your Homey app on your phone
    2. Choose Apps
    3. Choose IcalCalendar
    4. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner
    5. Click Create diagnostics report

I sent the diagnostic. :wink:
Time flows in agenda are going well it is strange that things go wrong at night with events all day long.

I can’t find any problems looking at the logs in the diagnostics report. Your all day events seem fine, showing start and end time as 00:00. Your timezone is also correctly set to Europe/Amsterdam

I haven’t tried myself to set a flow to trigger on a full day event after converting the app to SDKv3. So a trigger has been setup on my Homey. Will let you know tomorrow how it goes.

1 Like

here’s another example. Homey Test event runs well on time. but at 00:00 Dag van arbeid would have ended because the new day is on but will continue until 02:00 strange.

Sorry for my late reply. Whole day events (starting at 00:00:00) is also 2 hours late on my Homey.

I’m looking into this…

3 Likes

ok then nice i’m not the only one.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @runely

I go test it. :wink:

1 Like

Hi @runely, the new version v1.0.5 does not work either.
I have the following flow:

When…
– The time is 00:10
And…
– Any event is ongoing in calendar “FreeDay”
Then…
– Set variable FreeDay to Yes

But the variable FreeDay wasn’t set to Yes.
The event in the calendar “FreeDay” is a full-day event and the calendar was synchronized at 00:05.

I only added the fix to triggers :man_facepalming:

I’ll add it to conditions aswell

1 Like

After some testing, there will be something on the title tag, but if you use event ticket it is an empty field with logs. Wile it is able to search for those tags. something is broken.

Not sure what you mean…

Could you take a screenshot of whats broken?

The latest release, 1.0.6, should fix these errors

1 Like

I will try and let you know.

Edit: Works now like it should, thx @runely. :+1:t3:

1 Like

@runely I will try to explain.

I notified twice in app. This one has a lokale Title tag and it neatly says Homey Test tijd.

The second is via Event tag and it only says birthday while that was May 10 and not May 11. I also set up a 5 second delay there.

So what’s wrong with those events I don’t know. because it is well behind the description. it seems that it is not forwarding by Homey

Edit: I have now that update Homey 7.4.1. So i test a few more times.

I’m not able to reproduce this. I just tried with a regular event and then with a recurring event, and both shows correctly for the event tags.

Does your homey show the correct date and timestamp in the event tags? They are usually the very first ones in the list