[HowTo] Location and Presence (Owntracks)

For users that want to use http, the only setting in the Location & Presence app on Homey that should be used, is the creation of a user token (for each user) in the settings, The token should be used in the URL that is used by the owntracks app on your phone.

2 Likes

I use HTTP, and in the past I also saw my friends location on the friends page. Not anymore. I now see my own PID and one with 2 questionmarks (??) as PID. I assume this is me as well, because it updates within one second from my own PID code.

Hello Scanno,

I use HTTP and new version works great as before :ok_hand:
Thank you

Iā€™m using MQT Brooker on Homey and a Andorid device. I canā€™t find any errors in the OwnTracks app or in the MQT Brooker app in Homey. But i donā€™t get any information in the Homey app. If I delete User Data the error ā€œAn error occured during removal of the user dataā€ occurs. When running TestWrite or TestRead the log says ā€œRetreving old userdata file failed: Error: ENOENT: No such file or directory, open /userdata/owntracks.jsonā€.

I dont know if the Geofences in the Homey app should appear automaticly from the Andorid app, but they donā€™t if they should. If I add a Geofence from the Homey app the Long and Lat and Radios is set to 0.

I have searced everywhere but canā€™t find the error. Help!:wink:

Iā€™m unfortunattely not able to install the app on a HP2023, app will not show up in the list. It seems that there are some changes for the apps regarding installing on a HP23. Are you able to have a look at it? Happy to test if you have a test version in the app store.

The owner already responded that he has abandoned support on the HP2023 so this oneā€™s dead in the water unfortunately.

Pity as it did get an SDK3 update not too long ago.

Seems the problem is known at Athom. The crash reports I receive for the hp23 shows that source files cannot be found. This problem is out of my hands.

SDK3 should work the same on all homey versions. In reality there are still some problems. As mentioned I cannot support a specific homey version when i do not have that specific version. Especially the hp23 as athom switched to virtualisation. Actually athom originally planned to block access to the filesystem. That would have been the death of my apps. So I am sure athom will solve the installation problem.

I still have the original 2016 homey and develop on it and use it for my home. I guess I will upgrade onve my 2016 version finally does.

1 Like

Hi, I try to configure the apps but Iā€™m not at 100% sure that all works as expected.

I followed configuration in HTTP and set the URL where

• XXX123 is my cloud ID Athom
  • YYY456 is the token generated in Users tab

https://XXX123.connect.athom.com/api/app/nl.scanno.owntracks/events/?token=YYY456

1. in Overview tab, I have my name but no information (Fence, Lon, Lat, etc, ā€¦)

1. In Geofences tab, I added Regions - but Lat, Lon and Radius are not editable. So I expected the App will retreive automatically Regions from Owntracks android app. :roll_eyes:
    Actually, I donā€™t know what is expected to set in this tab.

I would add, auth: false is refused as a valid key.

1. in logs I see errors:

I still have a 404 error.

Could you help?

Regards,
William

2 Likes

AFAIK, the geofences should be created @ Owntracks phone app, and should appear by themselves @ the geofences tab on the L&P app;

Maybe fine to change the URL on the first page of this tread.
I tried three hours with the old URLā€¦

Hi
I have the same problem. did you resolve it ?

kind regards julien

I found a problem after v10 upgrade in HPE23. The APP is no more able to create users. Before v10 all worked also on HPE23. It seems there is a problem to APP to access to some matters inside HPE23. It didnā€™t work anymore. It is no more able to process location messages coming from OwnTracksā€¦I donā€™t know if there could be a solution for this.

Hi,
I unfortunately confirm that your APP doesnā€™t work anymore on HPE23 after v10 upgradeā€¦
Iā€™m sad for that because it worked great before.
Do you guess that it could be a solution?
Thanks

I have the same issue :frowning:

I found something strange. In the owntracks app at main page I can not see anything after events/?.
If I remove one character from the url in setings, than I can see the whole link in parameters.
Somehow the link is too long?

Just set this up yesterday, no luck getting thru with http. Keep getting 404 :disappointed_relieved:

My url is like this: https://(myhomeyid).connect.athom.com/api/app/nl.scanno.owntracks/events/?token=(myusertoken)

I checked the homeyid and usertoken many times.

2023-10-12 22:07:16.422 D MessageProcessor: message:HTTP code 404: failed to connect to (myhomeyid).connect.athom.com/18.203.36.151 (port 80) from /10.0.0.41 (port 44300) after 30000ms,
2023-10-12 22:07:16.425 E MessageProcessor: Message delivery failed. queueLength: 53, messageId: 1697140721830-acfaf

@scanno is it discontinued?

Bonjour,

il faut supprimer : / ?token=(myusertoken)

Cordialement.

Hello, I wanted to ask a quick question to be sure iā€™ve done this right,
on HomeyPro2023,
1- I installed MQTT Broker +TLS Private Key (This seem easier then HTTP to me)

2- I installed Location and Presence and linked it to MQTT Broker via local IP on my network (made easy to setup Geofence for flows)

3- I installed owntracks fromt the Android Store
https://owntracks.org/booklet/features/android/

Thanks

Hello All,

We check to add owntracks, but some time app reply 404 on the URL :
https://< myhomeycloudid >.connect.athom.com/api/app/nl.scanno.owntracks/events?token=< myusertoken >

Does this application still work with HTTP? I cannot use MQTT (I am behind a CGNAT and use tunneling with CloudFlare Zero Trust, but MQTT doesnā€™t work).

Best regards,

This is imho most probably the cause of the 404ā€™s, because you share your internet IP with someone else. You can request for turning off CGNAT at your inet provider.