[HOW TO] View your Homey v2 flows in a browser

Q & A

Q: My Homey is still on 1.5.13, can I use Homey 2 flow viewer?
A: No, while development was started when Homey firmware was at 1.x it has now evolved so its compatible with V2 only.

Q: Do I have to be connected to the same network as my Homey to use Homey 2 flow viewer?
A: No, when you are away from home you can connect by using the Athom Cloud uri. How to find that is described in the first post.

Q: Can you add flows with Homey 2 flow viewer?
A: No that’s not supported, only some minor editing functionality is available.

Q: Can I enable or disable a flow with Homey 2 flow viewer?
A: Yes you can do this by clicking the checkbox in the flow name bar:

Q: Can I rename or move a flow with Homey 2 flow viewer?
A: Yes you can do this by clicking the pencil in the flow name bar:

Type the new name in the Name field and/or select a different Folder and click on Save

Alternatively you can move to a folder by click (and holding) the folder icon in the flow name bar and dragging the flow to the desired folder in the Folders bar on the left.

Q: Can I delete flows with Homey 2 flow viewer?
A: Yes you can do this by clicking the x in the flow name bar:

Q: Can I test a flow with Homey 2 flow viewer?
A: Yes you can do this by clicking the play icon in the flow name bar:

Alternatively you can click on the play icon in any available flowcard. This way you can either run the complete flow by clicking the play icon on the trigger card in the When column or you can selectively run an action by clicking the play icon on the action card you want to run in the Then column.

Q: Can I add Folders with Homey 2 flow viewer?
A: Yes you can do this by clicking the Add folder icon in the Folders sidebar. Next a dialog will open where you have to type the desired name and select where the folder should be created.

Q: Can I change the name or move a folder with Homey 2 flow viewer?
A: Yes you can do this by clicking the Edit folder icon in the Folders sidebar. Next a dialog will open where you can select the folder you want to change.

After clicking Next another dialog will open where you can change the name and/or move the folder to different location.

Q: Can I delete a folder with Homey 2 flow viewer?
A: No, not yet. That function will follow later.

4 Likes