How many of you are updating to 2.0? What do you gain?

What version of the heatmiser-app are you running? It’s an Athom-app so should work…
Did you re-pair the device?

Heatmiser app for Homey
This app lets you control your Heatmiser Neo Smart thermostat using Homey!
NOTE: this app requires the Neo Hub to communicate with the Neo Smart thermostat.
Changelog
_ Updated readme_
2.0.0 (Re-pair is needed)
_ Improved stability of connection to device_
_ Updated driver to more up-to-date practices_
_ Fixed network discovery bug_

As for TP-link, could you file an issue on

I want my Desktop app, can i Downgrade ???

/Anders

2 Likes

Don’t think so but you might try. You’ll lose all your settings and devices for sure. Keep Homey upside down nad when in the website for connecting, press the alt-key…

Nope. Sorry.

damn I have aeotec motion sensors. will wait.

I’ve a red ring too!! Recovery procedure is not working… so I’m out of my home-domotics!!! I’ve submited a request hopefully homey support will contact me soon.

My Aeotec 6-in-1 works perfect after the upgrade.

Re Heatmiser, this is the latest version that was working on the old Homey OS. Now it’s throwing errors and the hot water functionality is seen as thermostat now.

Only when BLE is working, I will update. The Beacon App on f/w 1.5.3 is the first working presence solution for me, ever since I own a Homey.

1 Like

i know its not the same, but I’ve loaded Bluestack on the PC and running the Homey app through that to configure. Works well, but you still dont have the overall layout of a flow like the original desktop application.
Hopefully in the future an update will bring the Homey app to tablet mode (vertical position) and they may be able to add multiple columns for flows like the original desktop app.

I think the new Homey app is miles better than the old, even the old “preview” app was better than the original, but still no where near as good as the new app. This new app is far better layout. And should be an easy addition for Athom to create a tablet layout. I am still not sure why this app isnt compatible with tablets (vertical rotation), it seems a standard feature for all apps but Homey app refuses to adjust to vertical position.
Favourites on front page is great.
Had a few issues with some NFC flows and Heimdal alarm, but deleted and readded them and seem to work fine.
Some Virtual devices dont seem to be triggering and I will take a look at these later, too.
Apart from that all is good on my side over 2 different Homeys.
FYI for those who have more than 1 Homey on your account, changing Homey Hubs is done via the “more” tab and then tapping your Homey Hub name under your Account Name.
I also like the “at home” and “im awake” options that you can manually toggle.
Notifications can be set on or off for different events you want to be notified for, and these work very well. I wasn’t getting notifications at all with the old apps.

Overall I am very happy with the new app. (android testing only at this stage)

1 Like

Also NFC doesnt work as it once did.
Alot of my flows started with “A specific tag has been detected” , well now any registered NFC tag will activate all these flows. As you can imagine that was quite an experience with any tag triggering numerous scenes. Lucky I haven’t installed this in anyones home …:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I agree, on the desktop app or my.athom.com I had a clear view.

1 Like

can i confirm i won’t lose my existing flows with this upgrade?

Two things I’m missing:

1. The desktop app - made it easier to browse the app store and work on complex flows. This I think is a huge loss, as one of the strengths of Homey is it’s open source ability to be customized. It works out of the box, now better than ever with the new app, but it’s now a pain in the ass for anyone that wants something more than a button to switch on the lights. And this is the direct I see most home control devices going in, the direction Homey pioneered and should not leave behind.

2. Voice commands! I was using that a lot! Now it doesn’t respond, such a pain! WHY!>?!?!?!?!

2 Likes

U did enable the mic ofc in settings/experiments?

1 Like

@Rocodamelshekima , THANK YOU!!!

New interface, new way around things.

@Groundhog - please do NOT disable the MIC function on future updates! PLEASE JUST DONT!!!

I updated yesterday and I didn’t lose any flows.

btw - quick addition, im glad the update solved the Zigbee problem with Ikea Tradfri that used to plague the former version

thanks a lot!

1 Like