Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

Not sure whether it’s a bug or not (on beta) but this morning I saw this on battery page:

Every sensor was listed multiple times (didn’t count but at least 5 times). After a reload of the page every sensor was listed only once again.

Regarding the “Online version” of Homey Dashboard.

Can you some how change the refresh rate of the values, like temperatures and status of the icons (on/off) etc. Or some settings in chrome or what not, so it updates when the screen turns on?

most important is the temp’s, every time ill check the tablet i need to click the refresh button (Homey logo) to get the remp readings up-to-date.

reagards

@ArnoP I’ve found the error, should be fixed in the next version.
@Westerlind.r value’s and status are updated realtime by listening in on events emitted by Homey, not on an automated refresh. It seems your device goes into a mode where the browser no longer listens to the emitted events, to resolve that with a refresh I’d have to make the interval really short. I’m very reluctant to do so because that will have impact on Homey’s performance.
See how @azid made a briljant fix for this problem: Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

2 Likes

How do you add the ‘dim’ option ??
In the new beta , the ‘transporantie’ slider does not seem to work :pray:

Hi all,
Sorry for this “Dummies” question, but I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere:

The beta features look great and I wold like to try them as well. but how to get this beta screen to work? I am using the “online” HomeyDash.
Thanks in advance!

use homeydash.com/beta/… instead of homeydash.com/

Thx for the quick reply!
Hmm, I did try that, but then it wasn’t working. Now it is…
Anyway; working! Thx!

(And those sliders look great!)

Another question about the Sonos buttom that I have:
When press-hold it comes across a few values which I do not understand; like:
set volume - 35 (obvious what this is of course)
lengte - 256
positie 0.001
(sorry, for the dutch, but that is what it says)

These last few I do not understand? They can be left out as well in my opinion. Volume should be enough (unless you can implement previous-next, which would be awesome ;-))).

I get you, you update the values upon change which is how i hoped it was made.
So its an “error/bug” at my end, must be some settings on my tablet/chrome app etc.

edit
Got it to work now, even if i did this one a while ago, any how.

• Activated power save and all “default” stuff", update all apps. rebooted tablet. Then deactivated all power saving stuff and put the chrome app in exclusion for the power saving (allways on).
    Works now.

I’m using the dashboard on a google hub. I had a problem at first with Homey not syncing with Google. Removed homey from google, re-added it and everything was working. Now however, I get the error “Instruction error” when trying to cast homeydash to the google hub. Is this a general problem with Google<->Homey?

I have followed the steps and it seems to work fine. Can you tell what you have used to set the background to black? Cause the background is not dimming :face_with_monocle:

You need to set a background (URL) in the settings. If it’s a black (or dark) background than your all set.

In the Beta, the dimming (transparantie) option is both not working on iPad as on MacBook??

How do you set dim level of homey dash with a motion sensor ?? I cannot make a flow for that ??

1 Like

you can make a flow for that. look at @DaneedeKruyff post here:

i use this background url: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/4/4b/Black.JPG

1 Like

By having a virtual device like explained with dimming functionality (and dimming only) and call it Homeydash-### (where you can choose ### freely).
Then you can set the dimming level in a flow where the trigger is the motion sensor.

1 Like

Hi Danee
I have a question but maybe it has already been asked. Everything is now placed under favorite devices or favorite flows. Is there a possibility to create a subdirectory within favorite devices or flows so that it is defined per room. Or is this a task for Athom Homey?

1 Like

Just make more users. Each user can have his own favorites.

I didn" t know wat jou man ???

1 Like

If you want to have different favorites per different room, create more users in homey. Than for each user you have to obtain the key for homeydash url and you setup favorites per each user in homey app after the login of that specific user.