Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

@DaneedeKruyff, would it be possible to add support for virtual camera devices? I played around a bit with javascript and css and got it working but not properly, not in line with your code style and too hacky.
Here is the diff to see what I did: https://diffy.org/diff/r0iecvcdpzdzspi19tgknvcxr (new id to get another 24 hours)

1 Like

It’s on the list. Can’t really read your post due to formatting, can you share a link to the diff? (And remove the code here)

Hy Daneede,

Thanks for the nice work with Homeydash.
I send You the translation file for the Romanian languege.

Also I sugesst to:

• ad in the Weather PopUp, if possible a 5 day forcast.
  • personaly in stead of the “Today is…” I would put a Runing Clock, even without the “Good mornig” in order to get it bigger
  • also it will be greate to can change the background in the settings. (personaly I like the Dark background with the Homey much better thet the blue one.

{
“favoriteflows”: “Fluxuri Favorite”,
“favoritedevices”: “Dispozitive Favorite”,
“text” : {
“good”: "Buna ",
“evening”: “seara”,
“afternoon”: “dupaamiaza”,
“morning”: “dimineata”,
“night”: “noapte”, (Please notice the correct sintax in this case is: “Noapte buna”
“today”: "Astazi este ",

},
"notification": {
    "title": "Notificari recente",
    "nonotification": "Nu aveti notificari"
},
"weather": {
    "title": "Informatii meteo pentru ",
    "temperature": "Temperatura actuala este ",
    "degrees": " grade, ", 
    "humidity": "umiditatea este ",
    "pressure": "% si presiunea atmosferica ",
    "mbar": " mbar"
},
"sunevent": {
    "presunrise": "Soarele rasare la ",
    "postsunrise": "Rasaritul a fost la ",
    "presunset": " si va apune la ",
    "postsunset": " si apune la "
},
"battery": {
    "title": "Informatii despre baterii", 
    "in": " in ",
    "has": " are ",
    "left": "% ramas"
},
"sensor": {
    "title": "Informatii despre Sensori",
    "in": " in ",
    "alarm": " este in stare de alerta.",
    "noalarm": " nici un senzor in stare de alerta.",
    "fault": "Este o problema cu dispozitivul,verificati dispozitivele si aplicatiile in aplicatia lui Homey"
}![homeyback|690x388](upload://lPYcNObNkqxk9wxXuSHna9N9z6Y.jpeg) 

Thanks
Viorel

I installed Homeydash (Danee version) on my PI.
Every time I close Putty, Homeydash is closed.

How can I solve this?

I think you are running the website in the putty environment. You need to set it up to run on a web server. E.g. Nginx?

Use homeydash.com, that is easier to use

Homeydash is the online version. If you want to run it local, use Homey.Ink instead.

The Github version from Danee is running on a pi.
That is not the problem.
Running in the background, after starting and closing putty is the problem

Ah, didn't know that. :+1:

I believe that is the Homey.ink version… :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks and updated the post (with link to diffy.org)

maybe

nohup serve -p 5000 app &

so it wouldn’t stop if you leave the shell

YES, That’s the solution.

@DaneedeKruyff awesome work! It looks great. Anywhere we can donate a few beers?

Is there something I can do about this ?
I have a netatmo with 1 extra sensor however, I cannot distinguish which sensor Info I am seeing.
Renaming the device to “N” so I can see more text might be an option but perhaps there is a better one :slight_smile:
Theme = ipad btw, I see now the whole text is actually in the web theme…

Also might it be possible to show a buienradar in there somewhere?

@Viorel_Dimitrescu
Thanks, Romanian is added, please use lang=ro. Homeydash displays information that is available in Homey, unfortunately there is no 5 day forecast readily available without using an extra app. A clock may be added in the future, being able to select your own background will be available soon.

@DanielK
Thanks, I’ll take a look at it.

@Damon
For donating information, see the opening post.
can you also post a screenshot from the web theme so I can see the difference?
I’m thinking on how to incorporate that. As said, Homeydash displays information that is available in Homey, adding something that is not readily available will be hard to maintain so I have to think that out very carefully.

Web version:

The tiles are a bit bigger so an extra line seems available

I now see i had theme=tablet. Now it’s on ipad and the tiles are bigger and i can read what sensor it is. Sorry for the confusion. Guess the tablet theme is a bit smaller.

Thanks for adding Ro Language.
For the weather what about adding something like:

in the popup, using Homey location

some more ideas from my side:

• adding a home symbol with a popup where you can select the room, (like the settings symbol and popup)

• for functionality - could it be possible to open a popup for each long click on the devices, where you have the hole device info’s. best case also possible to adjust settings?

An update of the OpenWeatherMap app solved this problem :+1:

1 Like

Hi. Really nice dashboard.
Just a question. Has anybody tried to add functionality to make it possible to dim the lights?
Or is that not possible to solve?
Found this: https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_rangeslider.asp but I don’t have the knowledge to be able to try or implement it…

The dashboard is updated to version 1.0.6

These are the changes

• Added ability to select your own logo
  • Added ability to select your own background image
  • Daily production and production from solar panels update in realtime
  • Changed color presence indication on UniFi devices
  • Added Romanian language

(Pages may be cached, please be patient when the changes aren’t available for you yet)

Just enter the url of the image you want to use and press and hold the preview button image
For the logo, please use a squared image, preferably a .png with transparancy. For the background, please use an image with an aspect ratio close to that of the displaying device.
When an image can’t be loaded the url will turn red and you will not be able to save, please use the delete button image to clear the input field or correct the url.

16 Likes

@Damon
Good it’s working for you now! (btw, there is no tablet theme so in that case it went to the default theme)

@Viorel_Dimitrescu
You’re welcome. The list of things I want to add is quite long, for now I’m focussing on making available what is in Homey trough its default capabilities. Extending it beyond what is available is a bit more long term, being able to control more than just on/off is more short term.

@CorvanderNiet
That’s good news, thanks for informing us.

@JonasW
Thanks, being able to control more than on/off like it is now is on the list.

1 Like