Homey v5.0.0 (Stable Release)

Good to know, thanks! Looking forward to make my house even smarter!

Okay good to know, but somehow some day the V5 (SDK3) versions will have to be send to stable, which means support for v4.2 will be dropped. How was this done in the past during the upgrade of SDK1 to SDK2, current situation seems to be related to that period.

All my apps are working after installing v5.0.0, except Everspring. Does somebody have a solution for that?

Have you seen this post: Apps currently not working on Homey v5

Looks like the test version does work v5?

1 Like

Thnx! After installing the test version Everspring works again.

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanation.

Then I think the mail I got from Athom today is very misleading! It claims that (on my Homey) only LaMetric Time is not compatible with 5.0, but I do use your Aqara App as well… Nowhere do they mention that I should switch to a test channel.

(and I think for Lametric I can just switch to this new App?)

1 Like

Like Ted said. The test is just a label. It’s a stable SDK3 app, ready for V5 and it’s used by 500+ users for several months. There are only two Homey app stores: 1. stable which is still SDK1/SDK2 for Homey 4.2.0 and 2. A store that is called test, which contain the SDK3 apps. I think right now there is an issue at Athom side that somehow homey says the app is updated to a newer version (the test version, compatible for v5), but in reality it didn’t update. As a result, devices won’t work, cause the app is still SDK2. So this should be fixed asap by Athom. Cause then you and many others wouldn’t even know they switched to a ‘test’ version :slight_smile:

Not exactly. What is happening is that the automatic app updates might take up to 6 hours after updating Homey to v5, due to lid leveling.

In most cases, Homey will be updated during the night and then also the apps will be updated without notice.

That apparently doesn’t work with manual updates of Homey to v5; or at least people are then immediately looking at the results.

But the problem is that people who do have automatic app updates enabled. That Homey says on the timeline that the app is updated to a SDK3 version , but when you go to the app section it’s still the old SDK2 version. So there is an issue at the update mechanism of Athom that needs to be fixed asap?

Cause now the timeline message is wrong/misleading, if it can take up to 6 hours before the app actually updates.

This should have been fixed not too long ago.

1 Like

I currently have version 4.2.0 and have several automatic updates disabled. Including the experimental version.
If I want to update Homey now, is it useful to turn automatic update back on? Then update Homey and then leave it for a while and see what it updates itself?
Or after the update of Homey update various apps by myself via the test website. Because these are not automatically updated.

I would like to know that too. Currently my Homey is on 4.2 and is running smoothly. I have all updates (Homey and all important apps) turned off to prevent any problems. I’m not in a hurry to update anything. But I would like Athom to inform us about the best way to go to update everything without any problems. For example is it possible to first update al apps and then update Homey itself?

1 Like

Nope, for the new SDK3 apps first update Homey, if you wait Homey v5 will stop all zigbee sdk2 apps and automatically download the /test SDK3 apps.
Not sure if it will update if you disabled it on tha app. But you could just update them yourself.

Ill follow your strategy! :slight_smile:

Well, i updated my test Homey to V5 yesterday.

With this unit i have never managed to add any Zigbee devices. Since it was opened for the antenna mod and sending it to Athom would cost me money without certainty that Zigbee would work after repair it was replaced and demoted to test device. Athom stated that it might be working again after the Zigbee rewrite.

I decided to test if Zigbee was indeed working now. And surprise: after installing the Xiaomi app with the /test option i can now add Zigbee devices! :clap: I noticed that the inclusion works muuuuuch faster and better then before, that is a huge improvement.

So the Zigbee rewrite was really worth waiting for me. :+1:

Now i have to decide if i am going to upgrade my prod unit (which is still on 2.4.1 :slight_smile: ) also … :thinking:

2 Likes

i upgraded also to 5.0 finally after reading all the posts here above. No issue’s what so ever. updating off the apps also went completely automatic. did not do anything. Very happy with the update so far

2 Likes

Updated, waited for the app-updates, everything seems to be ‘ok’. Innr, Aqara and Hue are ‘ok’ and updated.

Flawless experience for me!

1 Like

No problems with the update at all. It took some time to update the apps (hue zigbee, ikea, aqara), but after this update there where almost no problems.

Now the gledopto app is working correct with ww+cw and I’m able to change color temperature.

1 Like

Update from experimental to v5.0.0 no problems at all. All apps work fine. Great job Athom.

1 Like

Hi,
great update, works fine. Apps updated automatically.

When I look at the Zigbee page on Developers, I find a new button “Interview”
And the route is marked with a “?”, but nothing happens clicking this.

Does anybody knows what this is good for?
TT