Homey v5.0.0 (Stable Release)

@Jo_San Couldn’t you just type a list :laughing:?
But okay, here are my apps, all working fine @ V5.0.0, except for Android IP cam.
Check for your apps here

1 Like

We indeed waited so long to get here. It’s a bit funny but as long as we waited I think I’ll wait for few weeks more. Just to let it settle.

Anyhow I’m in the 95% majority, I see lot’s of us are a bit scared or just learning from past mistakes. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::rofl:

Saw in my email a Homey community forum notice that v5.0.0 was out with a link to this topic

Updated yesterday night
I see all my devices back online :slight_smile:

In the Home Screen of the App I see that the microphone support will be / is stopped !?

Why is that?
For my child it worked perfect to switch lights on and off in the livingroom,
how should he do that from now as he has on his age no smart device nor do we like extra remotes on the side dish table to switch lights…

Just updated to v5.

Within 3 minutes everything was up and running again!

After 3 days still no Zigbee routing available… I mean on the Developer site Tools/Zigbee.

2 Likes

See: End-of-life of Homey's speech recognition - Check your Flows

In short Athom wants to focus on things that are manageable for a smaller company. Voice recognition is a difficult thing (also if you want to support a lot of languages).

I recommend you buy yourself a Google Home Mini. It costs about 30 euros and your problem is solved. Alternatively there’s also Alexa.

1 Like

Try this:

1 Like

How solved?

Is there are an integration with Homey possible?
Or to use it standalone?

I think you see the ? icon only. In my case (15 zigbee devices) I saw the routes minutes after the update to v5.0 for nearly 10 devices. The rest show the ? icon. Nevertheless the contact sensors with ? worked correctly. I wake up all devices with the ? icon manually. After that all work now fine and the flows with these devices too.

Run a test with one or more of your devices and wake them up manually. After that you should see the route for the devices.

Yes integration. You can trigger Homey flows from assistant routines which you can configure in the Google Home app.

How do I run a test? All devices run correctly.

I updated to v5.0 this afternoon. Everything seems to work well, except for a permanent tamper alarm (“sabotage alarm”) on my Fibaro motion sensor.
I installed the Test version of the Fibaro app, restarted Homey and the app but it keeps giving the tamper alarm.
Anyone with the same experience and possibly a solution?
(I saw a few with similar issue, but no solution yet)

Edit: solved by pushing the “learn” button for a few seconds

Yep, same thing overhere. Tamper alarm on the Fibaro devices is indeed still running, altough I installed also the test version of the app. :neutral_face:

Opened a ticket at athom?

Please open a ticket at athom since it’s their app.

He probably means the test function on the developer page.

Did that, but still curious if anyone else managed to solve it himself/herself.

1 Like

I’ve seen a few messages that fixed it by removing the battery and re inserting it.

1 Like

The battery did not do the trick for me, but activating the learn / pushing the button next to the battery did!
Thanks for the push in the right direction

Good hear u worked this out.

Homey remembers the last state even if PTP.
For Fibaro motion sensors, just need to give them a shake.
For the door/window sensors, just need to open them up then close them back.
Tamper will then sort out after the tamper time lapses. Presuming the experimental app was installed before, ofc.

1 Like