Homey speech and external speakers

Hi,

I’m surprised to say I didn’t find any other topics about this. That either means I’m not really good in using the search button or that nobody asked this question before…

I wanted to know if it’s possible to let Homey talk over my Google Home speakers (so I can hear Homey upstairs for example). Maybe this will be implemented when Google Home is native supported in the new version, but I can’t find any information about that. I did find a topic with a similar question about Alexa. In that topic someone said just to create a flow with "If Homey says something ‘text’, Then text-to-speech alexa ‘text’ " But this will not work (yet?) for Google Home as far as I can see.

Apart from that I was thinking about connection a 3,5mm jack to bluetooth device and let this play over the Google Home speaker group. But I’m not sure if this will even work, especially if I’m already casting Spotify on the same speaker.
( https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Ugreen-Bluetooth-Zender-4-2-TV-Hoofdtelefoon-PC-APTX-3-5mm-Aux-SPDIF-3-5-Jack/32840887897.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4dkazx6m )
Is there anyone with any experience or ideas on this?

have you look at this Google TTS homey app?

Seriously? It’s so simple sometimes…
Thanks @viix

I’ve done some tests and so far it is working as I wanted it to be. Only thing is that the (Dutch) voice used for TTS is apperantly different then the one used for regular Google Home output. Its talking quite slow despite the fact it on the normal speed setting. It would be nicer to just have Homey’s voice over the speakers :slight_smile:

Hi @neluz - if it helps the English voice (and pace) for TTS are also different to the standard Google Home. But I do find it works well and really tops off my HA experience.