[Homey Pro (Early 2023)] App unsupported list

Well, perhaps i just translated it wrong in my head :slight_smile:
My bad in that case, altho i still believe award is given and reward recieved afaik, but i learned English from (like most of us) a Dutch persoon in school, so who knows for sure (im sure as hell not gonna trust Google about it :stuck_out_tongue: )
Still made me laugh tho :wink:

Indeed:

The following apps are working on Early 2023 (in develop, gonna publish them today):

• Advanced Triggers
  • Better Logic (updated to resolve paths)
  • BLL NPM package (not changed, if BLL itself is updated, all supported apps will keep working)
  • Chronograph (fixed)
  • FtpClient (fixed)
  • Google Services (json fixed)
  • HomeshController (mdns fixed)
  • HOOP (only in HCS, current version works correct).
  • Json Handler

Working on the rest right now.

11 Likes

Great work!
Thank for it!

Yep, device cost is fine…also there still could be paid/non-paid variant (eg. latest devices supported-paid, delayed release free etc. etc.). I believe it’s doable and still I believe it could resolve many other problems (developers abandoning platform, not interested on update/rewrites) etc. I’m mostly speaking about power of economy of scale…

Well, but you are not sending just 1 EUR, right? :slight_smile: Anyway, rasing this again as it’s again valid topic, seeing number of apps not migrated yet… maybe Emile will read this, maybe not

1 Like

This is not the thread to talk about this hence I will fully cap this specific topic in this thread after this.

Athom has stated in their development documentation that any way of payment besides Donations is not allowed, so it is not going to happen:

2.3. Compensation

Apps that require payment for partial or all functionality are not allowed. Apps should be free of charge for all users. We encourage you to add donation options to your app.

Apps whose goal is to connect to a service that requires payment (for example a Premium-tier for a smart thermostat), and the payment happens on the integration product’s end, this app can still be offered for free in the Homey App Store.

Source

Talking app compatibility and my todo list :slight_smile:

Ready for Homey Pro 2023

• LIFX LAN (still on test channel though)
  • Bose Devices
  • Color Tools
  • Plex Media Server Playlist Caster
  • Micro WebServer
  • Elgato StreamDeck Integration (updated 2023-02-21)
  • Zone Memory (updated 2023-03-03)

Should be working with Homey Pro 2023, but is not tested yet

• D.A.L.O.R
  • Twinkly

Have a nice weekend!

13 Likes

This might be of use instead, has now a Scheduler device in Test-version, will replace the usage of Homey Alarms eventually. It’s not as capable as Advanced Scheduler is, but does the simple scheduling straight from the device.

@OH2TH

I curtainly like you app (IF homey keeps the alarm on the menu).
But as far as i can tell, there is no overlap in what these apps do?
Or am i missing something?

1 Like

Universal media Player can now be added to this list.
Somehow, image.cloudUrl is empty on the Early2023, no idea why (localUrl is also undefined).
Both are still properties tho, just the value is undefined.

Fixed it with creating the cloudUrl self:

this.homey.cloud.getHomeyId().then(x=> {
            this.cloudUrl = `https://${x}.connect.athom.com/api/image/`;
        });

and than:

cloudUrl =  = this.cloudUrl + image.id

This works just like it did before.

1 Like

I just published all these Apps (except two are in review) to Live!
They all worked correctly on my (current) Homey Pro 2019 and (new) Early 2023!

• Advanced Triggers
  • Better Logic (updated to resolve paths)
  • BLL NPM package (not (really) changed, if BLL itself is updated, all supported apps will keep working)
  • Chronograph (fixed)
  • FtpClient (fixed) (test/in-review)
  • Google Services (json fixed)
  • HomeshController (mdns fixed) (test/in-review)
  • HomeshSatellite
  • HOOP (only in HCS, current version works correct).
  • Json Handler
  • Music Url Converter (updated readme).
  • Simple LOG
  • Universal Media Player (fixed cloudUrl issues).

That leaves:

• Device Capabilities
  • Virtual Devices.

Currently, i do not see a solution for migration, thuse, supporting the Early 2023.
Since the location is changed for the userdata relative to it’s driver’s location.
Over 3 apps, a total of 68.624 devices depend on a fix for this :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :grimacing:

Edit:
Weekend for me now, i’ll continue next week.
Time for watching Bassie & Adriaan with the kids :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Allememaggies great job!

8 Likes

There might be some progress on SDK3 version of Xiaomi Mi Home app and possibly also the HCS version, but new developer is looking for funding, as Homey is not his primary platform currently. If you are using this app and would like to contribute, please reach out to [APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App for WiFi devices - #964 by Sharkys and update that thread. THANK YOU.

2 Likes

BeNext just got transfered to me and will be updated to SDK3 (but not today :wink: )

4 Likes

Also, i updated and placed a pull request for Advanced Scheduler.

4 Likes

Yes it is.

2 Likes

You were already too late :wink: it is already in the “replaced apps” list.
“added support” wasn’t the right header anyway, as it is a new app, not an app that was not supported before, it shouldn’t be on the list otherwise.

A pity we don’t have this on old Homey ! :slight_smile:

I think you are confused here.
The sandbox SSH connection to Homey, what you are thinking of, has nothing to do with this SSH app ;p, this app is available for all Homey Pro’s.

Ah, indeed, didn’t check the description…so sorry I got confused. Yet, would be great to have SSH on Homey 2019 Pro as well - but you probably got it, right

Any news/ updates about the ring app ?

1 Like