Homey.ink on a tablet/desktop

Sorry, at this moment i already have changed the files so much that i can't reproduce a general usable copy....
Best thing is to scroll op, download the zip from one of my posts, edit the homey.ink.app.js and add the code from the post you replied to.

Forget the above. I realized i just had to download the zip myself and adjust it… :stuck_out_tongue:
So it’s adjusted and it now includes the dim function.
Download it from this post: Homey.ink on a tablet/desktop

Succes this time😄

1 Like

Showing the devices from another user in an i-frame in a pop up modal works great!

thanks!!!

When i reload/open the dashboard, i’ve got the icon ‘NEW’ in the right corner. Is this by design?
It is a handy feature when a new version is released but imo not necessary to show it everytime , Would it be possible, when clicked, it would not show again until new release?

Not a high prio though :slight_smile:

EDIT: Running it localy on my NAS btw

The new button should disappear after clicked and a reload of the page.

1 Like

Ah! yes, it works :slight_smile: Tnx

I am curious too. There will need the power adapter to be plugged permanently. I am thinking buying the book reader which consumes nothing but wifi will kill it.

It works for me to now. Load the different users in an i-frame in a pop-up modal. Just a little finetuning…

8 Likes

Didn’t do a really thorough test, but, didn’t get more 2 days out of the kobo. Power is definitely needed there.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

Sorry to bother you guys, I would like to try to run this dashboard locally on my NAS (QNAP), but I couldn’t figure out how. Any advice on how to do that? Im quite a new into this :frowning:

I have it on my qnap. Do you already run a webserver on your qnap? If so you can go to the share \\nas\Web, create a subfolder like homey and download the github files from Danee in there. The URL will be like this: http://ipaddressnas/homey/app/?theme=web&lang=en&token=your_token

If you don’t have the webserver running, go into qnap settins, search for webserver and enable the webserver. after that do the above.

1 Like

Thanx, I thought that some “installation” is needed. Works perfectly.

1 Like

Hi Peter,

Looks realy good, I just don’t know how to use ‘Iframes’ Could you perhaps show some example code or share some kind of ‘HOW TO’ ?

I think this way, with usage of Iframes combined with the pop-up modal, you can get a better overview. Because you don’t want to get all the device visible at the ‘homescreen’ at least i don’t :slight_smile:

Thanks in Advance.

It is rather technical and far from ready. First you have to add more users in Homey and add in those accounts the devices you want to show up in the modals. I can sent you the files when you sent me your mailadres in a pm if you want to check out.

Working on android theme right now

3 Likes

how fun is this. the homey.ink dashboard on the Google nest hub

4 Likes

Sorry @Ruud, that was yesterdays news… :wink:

(too bad Roco didn’t memorise his token)
:joy::rofl:

10 Likes

How did you do this