Homey app custom icon

Hello

It is possible to change the default icon of a device, to any icon in the list provided by Homey.
But is it possible to extend that list with my own custom icon?
I have a motion sensor, and the standard icons for this device are not really self explanatory (it just shows the device)
I would like an icon showing a person moving, much better in my opinion.
I can’t find a way to upload my own icons

Thanks

Please follow this topic/post:

thanks, I see in the other thread a nice motion sensor has been proposed, I guess it has not yet been endorsed by the Homey team
Too bad they don’t let us customize with our own icons, freely; not sure why

This is the official answer to you question.
Now we might think that they shouldn’t care what our personal icons look like. But I guess that they also want to prevent images and videos of icons that do not comply with the Athom standard from being distributed via social media, e.g. tutorials etc.

yes agreed, there are always 2 sides to the coin. But they should provide something that looks more meaninful when it come to motion sensor, a simple representation of the device is not really useful in my view
thanks for your help anyway

Hmmm that might be possible, but they don’t block / forbid it: there’s several apps which lets us use custom downloaded icons or our own created icons, or you can pick one from a huge selection, like Device Capabilities and Home Assistant community.
The latter even uses default HA icons :face_with_peeking_eye::grimacing:
Those apps are allowed in the app store.