HomeKit not working with iOS 16.2

Just Done,
Same problem, all my 29 devices not responding :frowning:

Do you know how to run Homey apps from the command line? I can push a version of the app that will use the latest libraries, but before I publish it as a test version on the App Store I’d like to know if it works (it works for me, but I’m not running 16.2).

Nope. Is there any guide to understand how to do it?

I don’t think so, but it’s probably too involved if you’re not already set up for it (it requires running Node.js on your machine).

Have a look here:

1 Like

I’ve followed the step here [HOW TO] CLI install method and arrived at the point " For running app:
I think I need your app?

Yes, you do :slight_smile: I will push a test branch with the latest libraries to Github tomorrow and I’ll post instructions on how you can download it.

I have a couple devices running through homebridge as well. Those are working fine after the upgrade to 16.2 beta and the new homekit architecture.

1 Like

I pushed a branch containing the latest version of hap-nodejs.

To install this, first make sure that you have the correct setup to install Homey app using the command line: [HOW TO] CLI install method

Then:

Keep the terminal window open as long as the app should run. It will probably output a lot of text and hopefully not crash (if it does, please post the text of the terminal console either here or on Github).

It may be required to reset the app, which you can do from the App Settings (either in the Homey app or through the developer page). After you’ve reset the app, stop it (by pressing Ctrl-C) and start it again.

1 Like

Yes, installed and it works :slight_smile:

So pls publish :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent news!

Thank you for testing this for everyone, @Francesco_Falconi.

(Good to know I can upgrade my HomeKit architecture, once iOS 16.2 is out and Robert has released an App update)

I published a test version of the app: HomeyKit | Homey

Please let me know if it works (also before updating to the new Home architecture, if you still haven’t updated).

Don’t know but I still download 4.1.10, has it been published correctly?

The test page is showing 4.2.0?

Also when I install it:

Ah ok, still in test page, I was thinking it has been release in public.

I’ve ran into an issue which may require pushing a new test version of the app that will reset the internal storage (which means having to set up all your devices in Home again).

There’s also an additional issue that prevents me from making 4.2.X stable soon (and it may also mean that once it is upgraded to stable, you have to again set up Home again).

Test version 4.2.1 has been published: HomeyKit | Homey

I just pushed a version to Github that should perform a migration from the old storage to the new storage, which means that (at least in theory) it should be possible to go from the stable version of the app to the test version of the app and back again, while retaining the current device setup.

Anyone interested in testing this?

You need to have a working command line setup for Homey apps to be able to do this, which I explained in this post. However, the download link for the code (and also the directory in the ZIP file) is now different than the one mentioned there:
https://github.com/swttt/com.swttt.homekit/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

Eventually, everyone running the current test version will still be required to do another HomeKit reset.

Only the devices added by our Homey (acting as HomeKit bridge)?

Or all (native/Homebridge) HomeKit devices?

Only the devices added through Homey.

I just tried the following with my own Homey:

• installed the current stable
  • set up HomeKit on iOS (moved some devices to separate rooms, etc)
  • updated to the new test version (4.3.0, not released to the app store yet)
  • the setup was migrated properly (all the devices were still in the correct room)
  • went back to the current stable (4.1.10)
  • the setup was still working as expected

So I’m going to push this as a test version. For current test users, this may cause a reset of the internal storage and require a re-setup for devices imported from Homey. Hopefully for the last time, because my intention is to make this new test version stable.