Home Pro (Early 2023) - Z-wave - 868 MHz

Hi!

Does the new Home Pro (early 2023) support Z-wave at 868 MHz? I have this Z-wave thermostat: Heatit Z-TRM3 White - Heatit
that I would like to control with the new Home Pro (early 2023), is it possible?

Yes, from what they told us all zwave frequencies are available and depending on your location it will use the correct antenna

Are you sure about that? What about this page: https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/articles/360015447093-Comparing-the-existing-Homey-Pro-models-

It says only 433 MHz?

Guess Athom is pretty clear everywhere the new Homey Pro supports Z-Wave In the local available frequency. (in europe that is 868)

So I think it depends on where you live if it Works.

Z-Wave - Wikipedia.

If you live fe Down Under or in USA and illegally use Europe Z-Wave => No (in USA you should use 908.4, 916 Mhz, in Australia you should use 919.8, 921.4 ) Ahtom lets Homey Automatically selects the Legal / regulated Frequency.
If you live in fe Europe => Yes.
Please Check the Wiki , but if you act as a normal consumer: No Worries…

BTW: Only RF 868 like some Weather Sensors, or Alarm Systems use is removed, but RF 433 is still there. - Zigbee and Z-Wave are protocols with own frequency - independent of RF Radio usage that is proprietary usage.

1 Like

This is a separate radio for communicating with things like Somfy RTS and LightWave, etc, so not related to Z-Wave.

RF and zwave are quite different protocols/transmitters

Thank you guys for the answer!

So Somfy 868 mhz products cannot be connected to the new Homey Pro (Early 2023)?

for example: “Somfy 1805251 Draadloze handzender 868 MHz”

Somfy 868mhz is not Z-Wave but their propiatary (encrypted) 868Mhz protocol (also under their iO line if I’m correct), so no it will not be directly, it might be possible with their connexoon hub which does have an app also.

1 Like