Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Great. If you have the chance to share that example screenshot would be perfect.
I don’t want to use a wait function since the detection can drop and come back on (experience when it sees a cat or bird). It should be some kind of timer instead. I’ll check further this evening if I can find something that helps.

Hi, thx again for this tip.
I did try to trigger a virtual camera, but I don’t seem to get to trigger it. You’ll see the error in the picture attached. Not clear to me what is meant with invalid token. Any idea you can share?
Schermafbeelding 2023-05-25 om 08.50.01

You should trigger a virtual motion alarm device. Virtual cameras does not have the alarm_motion property.

You’ll be needing a Virtual Device from the Virtual Devices app, see this post: Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home - #8 by DaneedeKruyff

(It may look differently nowadays as the Virtual Devices app was transferred to a new developer and he rewrote it)

1 Like

I could use a camera as virtual device and could set alarm_motion to true via a flow. So that works!
Using the tag didn’t work.
Now to check how to get this delay working.

Indeed, the capability needs to be entered by text, not by tag. But you’re getting there. Should be some examples to be found on the forum for delays.

1 Like

Hi @DaneedeKruyff
On a Homey19 I get this message in timeline. It this the zone name that’s wrong on HP19 now?

Second question:
What’s the source for “last reported”? It seems that’s the last capability change. So if a window was not opened in 24h it’s reported as “not reported” even if the sensor is online and reports battery state (Aqara window sensor)?

I think “last reported” only looks at whether the sensor has triggered a state change (door open, motion detected, etc), not battery updates.
Correct me if I am wrong @DaneedeKruyff .

The zonename not being retrieved correctly can indeed occur on older Homeys. Athom made a change in the firmware for the new Homey Pro Early 2023 where the zonename is no longer a property of a device but needs te be retrieved separately through an API call. I had to adapt Heimdall for this change and Athom made the homey-api backwards compatible so it should also work on older Homeys.
Unfortunately the API call to retrieve the zonename is very expensive on older Homeys so I let Heimdall do that only once during start of the app which under certain circumstances can result in a zonename that’s undefined.
This does not happen very often and Emile told me older Homeys will get the newer firmware at some point so I decided to not try to write a workaround for it.

When determining the Last Update from a device the code cycles through all exposed capabilities and compares the reported Last Updates values to determine the most recent time regardless of which capability it is. Unfortunately this is also not always reliable on older Homeys.

I did notice Athom published a newer version of the homey-api, I will integrate it in Heimdall as soon as possible and publish a new version (after some testing). No guarantees however what this new version fixes as there’s no changelog available.

No worries, Danee. Just want to show this issue. So no problem if it takes longer.

1 Like

Well i only made it SDK3. I didn’t change anything else about Virtual Devices, it’s the same as it was.

(Well, except some minor changes in the optional min, max and step for better fine tuning)

Great app! Thanks! I am new here and wat to know about how to do an sensor check, so when I start the flow, Heimdall put on the timeline what sensors are active at that moment. Please can u help?

Hi Sven,

Welcome and thanks for using Heimdall! When you’re new to Heimdall, and perhaps also Homey I advise you to thoroughly read the opening post, the FAQ and Change Log posts.
The opening post explains the main functionality and the FAQ will answer some common questions. Functionality that has been added over time while I kept improving the app was announced in seperate posts to which the changelog has direct links. Follow the links and you will find explanations and examples per functionality.

1 Like

I recently purchased and installed the Ring keypad, and integrated it into Heimdall.
Needed a restart of the Ring app after included the keypad but then it works as a charm.
Only see one issue.
If the Homey has been rebooted, e.g. due to an update, the commands are not performed by Heimdall correctly.
In the logs of Heimdall I see that the command is received an sent to the Surveillance mode switch, but the alarm is not armed.
Restarting Heimdall solves the issue until next time Homey is rebooted.

Hi Danee,

just noticed a weird behavior of the shown status of all my Sensative Strips Guard (500, Z-Wave) door/window contact sensors within the Heimdall app (settings → devices → status).
In sum I have 11 of these sensors which are all work perfectly. But 8 sensors indicate in the Heimdall app “Last seen: Not available”, 2 sensors indicate a date, which is not correct:

When I open this Heimdall setting page (settings → devices → status) and I open a window with an installed Sensative Strips Guard door/window contact sensor, nothing happens. So the door icon on the right site of the device doesn’t turn into red.
But when I close the settings of the Heimdall app, open and close the window and open the same setting page of the Heimdall app, then the changes are shown for a short time.

RPReplay_Final1688211586

With Fibaro Motion Sensors (Z-Wave), the date and time for “Last seen” is also not correct. With NEO Coolcam PIR Motion Sensors (Z-Wave) and Philips Hue Outdoor Motion Sensor (Zigbee) the date and time is correct.

I hope it’s understandable what I want to explain…

Homey Pro (early 2019), firmware v8.1.5
Heimdall App v2.10.12
Diagnostic report no. 80901b7f-0030-43db-8b24-3581ad43d88f
Info: I definitively can’t say, when this problem begun.

Hi Dirk,

The last connection time isn’t really reliable unfortunately. When Homey Pro Early 2023 was released Athom has changed the way the date was returned by homey-api, but not in all instances. I reported this to emile and he told me this new way was the correct way so I adapted Heimdall to it but at that time homey-api wasn’t compatible with older homeys. After some time the api was changed again so I adapted Heimdall again but it just isn’t reliable on older homeys.
I just checked and found out Athom has released a newer homey-api version then the on Heimdall is using right now, so I will include it and release a new version, but that will have to wait until I return home from our vacation.

2 Likes

Hi Danee,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Take your time and enjoy your vacation.

1 Like

Hi Anders,

I must have missed this message aerlier, sorry. I can’t check it right now, but it may have to do with the speed and order of apps starting after a reboot. That’s something beyond the controll of an app and Heimdall does wait a bit for other apps to get ready but not indefinitely obviously, at some point the initialization needs to be done otherwise other problems will arise.

I will see if I can find anything usefull about this when I return from my vacation.

1 Like

No stress.
Might be due to my old Homey2016 being an one kernel slow speed unit. :slight_smile:
Just wanted to let you know.

Have a nice vacation.

1 Like

I get empty notifications since homey pro early 2023.

I’m on the latest firmware. Is there a way i can fix that?