Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

When log says “false false” just after a motion is detected, is it then a false alarm? Alarm state becomes active however?

I can’t really tell because I can’t see the whole line. A blue line however is either from a device that you have set to log or from the flow card Send information to Heimdall

I’d like to see more of the log line, can you please provide more information?

As a tip:
When you visit https://developer.athom.com/tools/app-settings and apply this style: Homey Flow for Web - three Column view [CSS customization] you get a better view of the log.

Sorry, dont have a computer at the moment and cant figure out how to get a wider screenshot from my mobile. But it says motion detected and active the alarmstate. Then it is a flowcard (blue) saying false false 2sek later. It is not a flowcard I have created. Thank you for an excellent app!

Hi, I am new to Homey, and Heimdall looks like a fantastic app to turn Homey into an alarm system.
I have a house with three floors: cellar, ground floor and first floor. I would like an alarm to be able to operate in four modes: No alarm at all (disarmed), alarm when sensor in cellar is triggered only, alarm when sensor in cellar or ground floor is triggered, alarm when any sensor is triggered.

I read that Heimdall has three surveillance modes: disarm. armed and partially armed. Is there a way to make the app work the way I describe above, with four modes/zones? Should I use groups, or variables maybe? Is there anyone who has already tackled this?

Hello @josjg,

The Surveillance Mode that Heimdall offers are based on the builtin capabilities in Homey Disarmed, Partially Armed and Armed. There is no easy way to use this with a fourth mode.

Is this build into homey or heimdall? Thought homey itself only provide the device capabilities “alarm on” and “alarm off”?

(I’m also still hoping for more possibilities in alarm status)

Heimdall is brilliant already, but an extra mode would be ideal :slight_smile:
for my use: nobody home, only my dog is at home, and sleeping.

Now I use for sleeping “partially armed”. And I do not use the motion sensors in the living room + hallway at all, because my dog would trigger them.

regarding the extra modes, personally I don’t have a need, is it possible to create an action card to (temporary? until next disarm?) change surveillance modes for sensors? Using flows and this new action card, anyone wanting to have more control over different arming modes, can create their own unlimited personalized modes. Just my 2c.

That thought has crossed my mind. However, that would take quite some time to implement and would still not be the desired solution.

The 2.4 rc firmware now supports zones. maybe that is the next step for heimdall guarding sectors (or zones).

Homey v2.4.0-rc.3 experimental

• [Zones] Added Zone Activity
  • [Flow] Added Zone Activity Flow Cards

The problem with zones is that you can’t exclude a device in it from activating a zone. So you’d have to move sensors out of a zone if you wouldn’t want that particular sensor to set the zone active (While it would make perfect sense to have the device in the zone because it’s physically placed in that part of the house, this new functionality for zones is nice but has it’s caveats.).
The way Heimdall is functioning right now gives you a more granular control over which device can activate the Alarm State and it is a better way to track back which sensor actually activated the Alarm State

That why i mention sectors as name, a (security) sector (or perimeter) can then include one or more zones. And then not to talk about some sensors which could be member of multiple sectors. Or zones in multiple sectors.

A lot is also possible using virtual devices and a group of virtual devices. Better is support in core and Heimdall app, but it is not impossible (maybe programmable in HomeyScript, but I am not so much a programmer).

Just brainstorming here :wink:

Would it be a good idea to edit the “start up” post for the current version.

I’m just starting up with Heimdall, and I’m a tad confused. Must i have a mode device in each zone?

Except for the last screenshots the opening post is fully up to date with the current version.
It wouldn’t make sense to use multiple Surveillance Mode Switches as the Surveillance Mode is set for the whole house, also, you can add it only once to Homey.

Hi, new to Homey and don’t really understand how to set Heimdall in Armed state.

Have added a bunch of devices and configured Heimdall, can manually ”long press” on the Surveillance ”box” and there change to Armed, Partially Armed or Disarmed, but how would I build a flow to change to Armed or Disarmed? Understand what I need to put in the ’then’ section of the flow, but what should/could I put in the ‘when’ section as a trigger?

Ideal I would want this, but to new to Homey to know if it is possible or how to do it:

1. Have a “Arm Alarm” button that could be added as a favorite.
  2. When pressing the button one should be asked to enter a PIN to arm the Alarm.
  3. And same for disarming, another button to disarm the Alarm.

Can this be done?

A pin is not possible (I think), but it is possible to send a push message to your phone with a question which you can answer Yes/No and then continue the flow.

I have used this to push a message end of the day if alarm is not activated yet: Activate alarm?
If ignored or answered with No then no action, if answered with Yes, alarm is activated. Flow card: Mobile - Ask conformation

Ok, too bad about the PIN, that would have been a better solution.

Regarding your suggestion I can’t find “Mobile - ask for confirmation”

What about using Telegramm? Send a certain pin to arm/disarm alarm.

You can find that in the AND action cards section…

1 Like

No, can only find ”push notifications”