Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

New version published

Version 2.0.15

• Added Alarm Off function to Surveillance Mode Switch

You can now also deactivate an Alarm State by (short) pressing the Surveillance Mode Switch just like you can on the Alarm Off Button. When you long press the Surveillance Mode Switch you will still be taken to screen to select the desired Surveillance Mode.

To make use of this new functionality you will have to remove and re-add the Surveillance Mode Switch.

@rindler

2 Likes

Wow, great!

I have used Heimdall in conjunction with HomeKit through the HomeyKit app and it has been working flawlessly. The surveillance mode switch in Heimdall was showed in Apple Home natively as an alarm system.

I just updated to 2.0.15 and did the remove/re-add and now the surveillance mode switch shows up in HomeKit as a switch… So no longer as an alarm system.

Hmmm that’s an unforseen side effect. Could you try deleting the Surveillance Mode Switch from Homeykit and add it again?
Usually a device will be created for every capability in Homekit, I’d like to see if this now also happens.

Deleted ad re-added through HomeyKit settings with no luck. Still only one device in Homekit - a switch…

Ok, thanks for trying, I’ll see what I can do to get it working again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No worries and kudos for your great work!

Hoi Danee,

i have used Heimdall for some time now after i have had some help from you.
Since a few updates ago Heimdall was beginning to become very unreliable/unstable.
When my wife comes home the alarm goes active and she is not happy :-1: .
Of course i did something wrong and as there where so many changes i have started from the beginning once more. so i have 4 flows less now to change the alarm. also the flows are simpler and i don’t have extra buttons anymore . Now i am trying to make the flow for deactivating the alarm.
in the manual is stated "use the deactivate Alarm chartin a flow in the then colom. My question is what do i use in the WHEN colom?? i quessed it was the Alrm off button but its not there?

Can you help me with that?

gr, Frans

I have a flow where I do some lighting and other stuff.
when I set the Survaillance Mode to disarmed I disable also the alarm.

18%20PM

I do understand your flow however accoording this:
New version published

Version 2.0.15

• Added Alarm Off function to Surveillance Mode Switch

You can now also deactivate an Alarm State by (short) pressing the Surveillance Mode Switch just like you can on the Alarm Off Button . When you long press the Surveillance Mode Switch you will still be taken to screen to select the desired Surveillance Mode .

To make use of this new functionality you will have to remove and re-add the Surveillance Mode Switch .

you should be able to stop the alarm by pressing the “Alarm” button if i am correct. I just cannot get that working. I need a propper flow that deactivates the alarm when i press this button

Ah ok,

If I understand it correct you need no flow here. Just delete the survailance device and readd it.
The new device will stop the alarm by clicking on it. No flow needed. Thats the feature

if it works yeah, however it does not at this moment. (i am probebly doing something wrong):face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I made a virtual button again so i can add this in the flow to deactivate the alarm. This works of course however this is not the way you intended i asume. Another issue i found that when i deactivate the alarm the alarm state is still on. (in dutch als het alarm is gedeactiveerd blijft de modus op ingeschakeld). This i now have changed whitin the flow that i use to deactivate the alarm

There’s a beta for HomeyKit (v3.0.8) waiting for verification by Athom that should solve this problem.

3 Likes

Hi @Frans_Keeman, Just to be sure, do you want to deactivate the Alarm State or do you want to set the Surveillance Mode to Disarmed so the Alarm State will not be activated when entering the house?

If you want to deactivate the Alarm State you can do 3 things. 1st one is to (short) press the Alarm Off Button, the 2nd one is to (short) press the Surveillance Mode Switch (which is the new functionality) and the 3rd one is to do it with a flow. You can choose anything you want in the When… column. This could be the click of a button or anyone coming home (which requires a reliable presence detection)

If you want to set the Surveillance Mode to Disarmed there are again several options, either long press on the Surveillance Mode Switch and select Disarmed or create a flow with the Set Surveillance Mode card from the Surveillance Mode Switch in the Then… column and choose whatever trigger you like in the When… column. (Pressing a button, coming home etc.)

example

(When the Surveillance Mode is set to Disarmed an active Alarm State will be set to Deactivated so no need to set the Alarm State separately)

I guess you mean that deactivating the Alarm State will leave the Surveillance Mode in the state it is?
This is by design, if you want to do set the Surveillance Mode to Disarmed on deactivating an Alarm State you have to make a flow like this

I don’t know what you do when the Alarm State is activated (Flashing lights, playing a sound through a speaker, activate a Sirene etc) but to stop all that create a flow triggered by the The alarm is deactivated card and do the opposite of the flow you trigger with the The alarm is activated card.

Thank you very much!

Hoi Danee,

It is still dificult to explain it properly in english so some pics will help i hope.
I have added the 2 buttons , mode and state
Knipsel

then i made flows to set the proper mode

when a sensor now triggers the alarm i have a flow

need two pics as the flow is to long

Now the alarm is activated en the the sirens make a lot of noise.
Now i want to cancel the alarm (deactiveren) with the button you made for it

If i press this button nothing happens accept that homey says the alarm is cancelled (geannuleerd).
my question is how do i cancell the alarm when the sirens are making noise (activated)

I have made now an extra button
with this flow

same here pics to long for one snip, its one flow

now this works, however i understood that if the alarm is activated(sirens go on) that i can deactivate the alarm with this button

so i need a connection between my flow and this button image

maybe its easier now to understand what my question is

Thanks for this information. So i can remove this card

Yes you can :+1:

Yes, the screenshots help.
Let me first explain what happens when you (short) press the Alarm Off Button or the Surveillance Mode Switch: Heimdall doesn’t do much more that trigger the The alarm is deactivated card. That’s it, nothing more nothing less.

So, in your alarm resetten na alarm flow replace the trigger card Er is op de knop gedrukt with the The alarm is deactivated card and remove the Deactivate Alarm card in the Then… column:

example:

(btw, check out this topic to see how to show the When… And…_ and Then… column next to each other to make flows better readable)

ahhhhh finally got it. The translation is putting me on the wrong leg every time.
Also i am making it more dificult than it is. Thanks so much.

o and thanks also for the note! Will check this out, was wondering who they did this. :frowning:

1 Like