Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Thanks for your reply! My “problem” is not that I’m not fast enough to leave, but that I forget things. That’s why I need the long delay. Hehe. But sure I could put the alarm on with the door open, but then the sensor check would react? Anyhow I now solved it by using different Heimdall cards.

Hehe, so Heimdall can also train you not to forget things :joy:

But kidding aside, yes the Sensor Check would be triggered. But don’t worry, as soon as that sensor goes to its normal state (door closed) it will just work as expected, the next time it opens it will trigger an Alarm state.

1 Like

Is it possible to disable the delayed triggers (in general/or per device) via a flow?

During a normal situation I want to have a 30s delay, but when i’m holiday I want that the alarm goes instantly when triggered. Is there a simple flow that i can built?

Hi @quakerix, this is not something that’s readily available in Heimdall as there is no generic method in Homey which is used for things such as vacation modes.
You have several options however.
First, you could disable the Delay on the sensor in the settings but that is something that can easily forgotten, so I see why you’d want to automate it.
The best option I can think of right now would be to make a flow that gets triggered by the sensor which Delay you want to override and have it evaluate if your Homey is in holiday mode and use the Activate alarm action card. That way when the sensor is tripped and you’re on holiday the alarm is activated immediately.
(I haven’t actually tried that flow, just thought it out and in my mind it should fit your needs)

New version published

Version 2.0.11

• Split Devices page into status- and settingspage

As announced in an earlier post I’ve split the Devices page into a separate Status and Settings page.

To give you more flexibility in checking your sensors next to the Sensor Status Check you can now see all information on the Status page. The information is (semi*) realtime so if you feel the need to check your sensors you can get your Phone, walk around the house and check the sensors you like and see the result (almost*) immediately.

(* the information on the Status page is refreshed every second)

6 Likes

New version published

Version 2.0.12

• Updated athom-api (2.1.166)

No functional changes, just an update to the latest athom-api.

3 Likes

Just a (maybe stupid) question. I just started using Heimdall. I added the Heimdall alarm device and the modus. What does the device do? I don’t see any change (stays white) when I press the button. And when i long click I have the option “schakel uit” (in dutch). Does this mean de-arm, or does this mean something else?

Yes, read it 5 times. Together with the instructions in the Heimdall app configuration on my phone. The Dutch translation makes the confusion I guess. Arming is called “activeren” and resetting is also called “activeren”.

Hi Koen,

The Alarm Button is used to cancel an Alarm State. It will not do anything to the Surveillance Mode.

When the Surveillance Mode is either Armed or Partially Armed and a sensor is tripped the Alarm State will be activated.
When that happens the The alarm is activated flow card will be triggered and the state of the Alarm Button will be set to Alarm*.

When you click the Alarm Button in that state the Alarm State will be cancelled but the Surveillance Mode wil remain.

Can you please show me (screenshot) what part of the instructions is not clear?

(* it is unfortunately not possible for community developers to show a state on a device tile, Athom does not yet provide such functionality: https://github.com/athombv/homey-apps-sdk-issues/issues/17 please ask Athom to add this functionality)

1 Like

Hi Danee,

I think it makes all sense now with your explanation.

The confusion came from the Dutch translation. In Dutch the surveillance mode is not armed but “geactiveerd” and the alarm state will not be activated but “geactiveerd” as well.

This combined with a button that didn’t seem to do much at the first sight made me confused, but I think it is resolved now. I will tweak my flows tonight and then from tomorrow Homey can watch my home :slight_smile:

Here some screenshot to show what I mean:

I was thinking the flow card shown in the 2nd screenshot was the status of the modus (armed / de-armed) shown in the left, but it actually means “a sensor has been tripped while surveillance modus is on”.

Hi Koen,

I see what you mean. Never realised that (I use English on my own Homey) I’ll see if I can think of different translations so there will be a clearer distinction between the Surveillance Mode and the Alarm state

Maybe use “ingeschakeld” & “uitgeschakeld” for the arming modus? And keep “geactiveerd” for the tripping of the alarm? Or even call that one “alarm gaat af” & “alarm is gereset”?

And does the homey app support translation of the instructions? Maybe that might help as well?

Cheers!

Koen

The instructions should be in Dutch, aren’t they?

Yes they are, my bad… I was pretty sure I saw them in English, maybe I was mistaken with the opening post of this topic?:zipper_mouth_face:

In that case, the confusion still remained with the Dutch instructions :stuck_out_tongue:

:+1:

I’m working on the Dutch translation to take away the confusion, it’s next in line after an update to get an indicator showing the Alarm State on the Surveillance Mode Switch and the Alarm Off Button.

2 Likes

Sounds good!

Nice one @DaneedeKruyff, showing the alarm state on the switch button. If you get this done might other app builders be able to show states of movement sensors, temp sensors etc. on the switches in the main view? Or is this prohibited by the sensor type/capability?

That depends on the type of information to be shown.
I asked Emile to revisit the request to enable community developers to show a value or indicator on a device tile (https://github.com/athombv/homey-apps-sdk-issues/issues/17) and he advised me to use the alarm_generic capability for this particular use case. That does indeed whats needed, it shows an indicator on the device tile, so that’s something that is possible right now.
The indicator is as is, no customisation possible (color or icon), and there is no way (yet?) to show temperature information and such however.

New version published

Version 2.0.13

• Added Alarm indicator to Alarm Off Button
  • Added Alarm indicator to Surveillance Mode Switch

I’m very happy to announce that this new version enables the Alarm State Indicator on both the Alarm Off Button and the Surveillance Mode Switch

To make use of this new functionality you will have to remove and re-add the Alarm Off Button and Surveillance Mode Switch

Unfortunately is it still not possible for Community Developers to customise what is shown as an indicator on a device tile so it’s not possible to change the icon or color.

7 Likes