Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

FAQ

Q: Do I really need the add the Surveillance Mode Switch?
A: Yes, it is necessary to add the Surveillance Mode Switch. It is needed to set the Surveillance Mode from a flow and can also be used on your mobile device to set the desired Surveillance Mode.

Q: What devices can I use as sensors for Heimdall?
A: Any device that supports the alarm_motion or alarm_contact capability in Homey. Devices that support alarm_motion are for example motion sensors like the Fibaro Motion Sensor, Aeotec Multisensor or Xiaomi Human Body sensor but also smart doorbells like the Ring Video Doorbell’s or the Doorbird. Devices that support the alarm_contact capability are typical doorsensors like the Fibaro Door Sensor, Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor or Xiaomi Smart Door and Windows Sensor.

Q: I have a device that doesn’t have the alarm_motion capability, can I still use it with Heimdall?
A: Yes you can. Just install a Virtual Motion sensor from the Virtual Devices app and set’s it value in a flow triggered by your device. How to do that is explained here.

Q: There are only three Surveillande Modes, Disarmed, Partially Armed and Fully Armed. I think I need more, can I add some?
A: No, three Surveillance Modes will be enough. You are are able to add and remove devices to/from a Surveillance Mode from a flow, making the combination of Armed zones unlimited. See this post how to do that.

Go to opening post

2 Likes