Halemeijer zigbee controller and sender integration

After some trial and error, the integration of a Halemeijer remote control (HA-ZGMW2-S) and two led-lamp controllers (HA-ZGMW2-E) succeeded as unknown zigbee devices. Halemeijer’s instruction on the integration is somewhat confusing.
Is it possible to have Homey also control the cold/warm white setting of the lamps?

Thanks Roy.
Homey can change the light intensity, but only by selecting the device “manually” and then changing the dim level by hand. But indeed it is not possible to use this dim capability of the device in a flow.
Pity, but on/off is already a step forward. Let’s hope for a Halemeijer app.

Hi Wim,

I have the samen remote of Halemeier HA-ZGMW2-S. As there was no manual delivered with it, I have no clue how to get this remote in learning mode to be able to get it connected to my Homey device.
You mention that you managed by trial and error. Can you tell me how you were able to connect this remote to Homey? Thanks in advance.
Tom

Hi Tom,

Halemeier has several instruction manuals on their site. Including an instruction on how to integrate into an network in a seperate PDF.

The sequence is 1: reset to factory setting, 2: set to network mode, 3: follow instructions to connect.

Hope it works

Wim

Wim van der Velden

Thanks Wim,
I managed to connect it to Homey but as there is no app I used Homey Generic Zigbee. But it sees this device as a Lamp or other thing to control and not as a remote. Can you tell me how you managed to make it see it as a remote control or switch?

Hi Tom,

Without a proper app that will not be possible. Halemeier informed me they will not develop an app for homey and refer to the zigbee 3.0 standard.

I needed the remote to be connected to my homey network, because now I’m able to control the connected halemeier lights via the remote and via homey and via two wall switches (Ecodim), as zigbee devices can be connected to only one network. So within the homey network the remote is useless, but needed to be integrated so I could control the lights at least to some extend (on/off, dim, but not the light color).
The remote does support touch-link and should be able to connect to zigbee touch-link lights.

Regards

Wim van der Velden

I see. Thanks for your answers. Will use my phone instead of the remote.

Hello all, I have the same setup from Halemeier as mentioned in this post and I’m trying to add it to my Homey as well, but for some reason I’m doing something totally wrong. I’ll try to explain what I’ve done for so far and hopefully somebody can help me out:
-First, I’ve reset the remote control and the receiver, successfully
-Put the remote control in programming modus and added it to the Homey app as an unknown Zigbee device, so far so good.
-Then I’ve put the Halemeier receiver in programming modus by tapping the programming button 4 times. The light show that the receiver is in programming modus.
-According to the manual I’ve pushed the On/Off button for a certain amount of time until the red LED goes on–>Then I touch the CW button and nothing happens. Tried this for at least 8 times.
-Tried another option: According to the movie on the cloud website of Halemeier, I should push one of the number buttons together with the on/off button. Didn’t work as well.
-Finally a gave up and reset everything and programmed the remote controller by only repeating the last step as mentioned above. I least that worked.

Can anyone tell me how they programmed this all together, I’m confused.

Hi,
According to the instructions I have the procedure is a little different. See attached instructions by Halemeijer.
An English version should be available with Halemeijer.

Regards
Wim

(Attachment 2560434_MA ZigBee -integratie - NL.pdf is missing)

Not sure the attachment was received. To put the remote control in network mode the dim button should be used instead of the CW button.
Hope that helps.
Wim

Hello Wim, thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that I’ve already downloaded en used that particular manual (in Dutch) you mentioned. To connect the remote control to the Homey app is not the problem, the last step, to connect the remote control to the receiver is the problem. Can you say something useful about that last step?

Hi,
Maybe, because it has been some time ago I did this. There is a small difference in the procedure for the touch-link setup according the manual of the lamp controller. If both the controller (receiver) and the remote (sender) are successfully integrated in your home network, put the controller into programming mode, place the remote within 10cm of the controller, FIRST choose the channel (1-4) by pressing the desired channel number once, and then press and hold the on/off button for >5secs (the led will be on), press the CW button once (the control leds will flash). Keeping the remote close to the controller is crucial.
Hope that works.
Regards
Wim

Wim van der Velden

Hi Wim, thanks again, unfortunately I’ve tried that as wel already :smiling_face_with_tear:
There is only is small difference in your story compared to mine. You say “If both the controller (receiver) and the remote (sender) are successfully integrated in your home network”. Do you have to add the receiver separately to the Homey app? I was only able to add the remote control. I’ve tried to add the receiver by putting it in programming modus (ticking 4 times the button) and tried to add it, but nothing happend. Only with the remote controller I succeeded.

Regards Erick

Hi, yes, the lamp controller must be integrated into the Homey zigbee network. Homey will then recognise it as an undefined zigbee device. Follow the add device instructions for Homey.
This would explain why its not working. If both devices are not part of the same network, they cannot link.
Regards
Wim

Okay, thanks Wim for the reply. Sorry for my late answer. I will try this within the next couple of weeks, kind of busy at the moment.
Regards Erick