H.O.O.P. (Hope) - Homey Object Oriented Programming

Hi,

it stays on for 30 seconds, I also tried it with zone active instead of the PIR.
I just created the same flow with a door contact of neo Coolcam and that does not trigger also.

the only triggers that work are buttons, I am really puzzeled what is wrong.

Ron

That’s odd indeed, especially the zone trigger should work while it works for me.

You could try to reinstall the Homey Elevator, it can be a rights issue (a guess but it can’t hurt).

Hi Peter,
the elevator sis not change anything

I have deleted h.o.o.p, completely deleted all devices, reinstalled the app. started al over again, now it works.

Thanks for all your support.

Ron

2 Likes

Hi

I have a question. I have a neocam door contact(dc) to trigger the alarm for the barn but because I read that a low battery could cause false triggers I added a motion detector(bm) in the barn.

And created a virtual device “barn security”(sb)

I made a flow that

when dc goes on

waits 5 sec

if bm is on
     turns on sb

otherwise
turn sb off

if dc goes off

and bm is on
     turn sb on

otherwise
turn sb off

Did i code this correctly with HOOP

Thanks
Ron

Hi

I have another question. You can call the app simple log with 2 text variables. Group and text. There is no HOOP action card with 2 text variables

How can i use these?

Ron

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. A flow like this without the extra triggers works for me, but this flow isn’t. Is there something I’m doing wrong?
I want my lights to dim time based (like the spline app does), but the dim value has to change with the sun.

Hey Arjen,

I will have a better look later, but I did see one await-dim lamp within the conditional part (before a Then card).
Does it work when you fix that to after the Then card?

I will create one next week.

Yeah it looks correct.
Does it work correctly?

That’s really stupid of me. Should notice that before. I think I changed it when the flow was not working.

But the flow works now. So it’s not a issue with Hope.

Edit: unfortunately it doesn’t work. It looked like it.
This is the changed flow.

It’s really strange, suddenly al my flows with hope won’t work anymore. Didn’t update anything the last week. So I don’t know what’s wrong.

Edit: I’ve removed the 2 new flows (they are the same as the example) and after deleting. the rest of the flows with h.o.o.p works again. So this is really strange. Is there a max of triggers or something like that?
Is it correct that the folder with the hoop triggers isn’t removing itself while removing the trigger card?

Hi Arie

No it always hits the first if but never the motion sensor is true. Although i am moving. Inside. So. I always get contact aan beweging uit.

Addition. Found out the wait time is too tight. Will check with 4 sec. Is now 2 sec.

Ron

Hey Ron,

I have just added an actioncard for 2 textual arguments and succesfully tested it with the Simple LOG app.
Just requested an update to the HCS, so it will probably be coming through today.

Just let me know if you require any another actioncard or methodcard.

Hey Arjan,

• No there is no max on the amount of triggers.
  • The HOOPInternal folder itself should never be automaticle removed no.
  • Flows within the HOOPInternal folder will be automaticle added or removed when the trigger is not used in any flows anymore.
  • For every unique trigger with unique arguments, there will be a flow created in the HOOPInternal folder.

I will try to recreate the fault.

Hey Ron,

Is the flow working correctly with the 4 seconds?

If not, could you explain to me (textually) what you are trying to archive?
Because i cannot seem to grasp what you are trying to do, since some actions seems to be the same within the Then and Else parts (perhaps this is more a testing flow then actual/real flow)?.

Great, as soon as the actioncard is there I will test.

Thanks
Ron

Hi Arie

I have been testing. I found 2 problems

1. the hue motion sensor directly connected to homey dit not react in the barn. Did not send anything bsck to homey. Although there was a hue smartplug 1 meter away which worked ok. Inside the house the motion sensor worked ok. A bit strange. So i replaced the hue sensor with a sonoff motion sensor.

Then it worked for doorcontact(dc) on and montion sensor on or off

1. in the flow when i want to trigger doorcontact off i had a triggercard instead of the doorcontact on card. That is why it went to the else at the bottom of the flow.

This is the flow that works for all situations

In the screenshot below is what i did wrong after the elseif the correct card is the second card. I had at first the 3rd card the triggercard. Deleted the 3rd card and replaced with the second card. Now it works.

Thanks for your help
Ron

1 Like

Hi arie,

I have a similar problem as Arjan. Since i modified the flow above. My other flows do not work anymore.

The thing that could have caused that is that i deleted 1 motion sensor from the flow to another. I have now disabled this flow but no luck.

Update i deleted the flow i was working on now everything works again

Any idea?
Ron

Hey Ron (And Arjan),

I need to find some time to test it, i tried it yesterday, but i received no faults.
Any change you could share more info about the flow you made that made HOOP stop functioning correctly?

Any more info, images or flows would be appreciated.

Hi Arie,

It is the flow i shared yesterday.
I have built more flows in the past with no problem

Yesterday the 2 things i maybe did different then before

1. replaced a device with another
  2. did some hesvy testing where it triggered the flow about 30 times in 10 minutes.

If you need anything else let me know.

Ron