Goodwe solar panels inverter: who can help?

Hi Diederik, I’ve tried again several times, including logging out of the SEMS portal via web browser as @Joost_van_Kempen suggested, however I continue to get the error in the screenshot from the earlier post (…“the authorization has expired”…). So far I have not had a successful login. I can confirm the user/pw is correct as using an incorrect credential creates the expected error for such; so the SEMS credentials are correct, just getting stuck on that next page shown in the screenshot. Any other suggestions to try? Thanks for your help, it’s much appreciated.

Just looked into it, think I might have fixed it. Please install v4.0.3 using https://homey.app/a/it.diederik.solar/test/ and try it out. Report back with your findings!

Hi Diederik, for me 4.0.2 was still working, but very curious if it would keep working after an update (and wanted to help testing :smile:).

Well, that didn’t work: after update from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 at first everything seemed ok: tile stayed white, no errors and the meters were there. It was night so all zero. However, they stayed at zero all day. Logging into SEMS portal gave a reading of 1.6kwh of production today. Tapping on the meters it said the readings were 21 hrs old. Restarted the app, restarted homey, re-entered my credentials, still no readings. Re-entered wrong credentials (on purpose): error on wrong credentials.

Had to remove the device and start over to make it work. This also gave a notification ‘the solar panels app has been migrated to homey v3.0. please check your flows’.

I hope this is due to the changes you made in the test version?

The login issue with the new version is solved for me now, but I experience the same issue as @Joost_van_Kempen where there is no data in the tags. But glad the login issue is solved. @Diederik - will the app also support the SOC value? The state of battery charge is a key tag I am keen to get for flows to trigger the cooling). Many thanks

Still no values since update to 4.0.3… Login is correct and no errors, however also no energy… (only a dash)

Logged in to SEMS portal: my solar panels are producing, so from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 something broke…

@Diederik is it possible for me to use 4.0.2 again? Or does Homey not provide a rollback?

Sorry, something went wrong with version control here and some files were actually reverted in version causing all sorts of things to go wrong. I pushed a working version (v4.0.4) on https://homey.app/a/it.diederik.solar/test/

Please report back with any errors/bugs you find.

1 Like

After logging off from the SEMS Portal app, it is working fine for me. Thanks @Diederik for getting this to work!!

To be clear: after adding the device in Homey, I can log-in again in the SEMS Portal app. The two apps are working in parallel without issues.

A remark about the naming which is not consistent. Energy is actually power (vermogen) and “energiemeter” or “stroommeter” is actually energy. The unit of energy is kWh (with small “k”).

For me working perfectly again!

Working well for me now, thanks so much Diederik for your efforts! Very much appreciated.
Could you share if there are any plans to implement the state of charge reading for solar batteries at any point in the future? Many thanks

hi all!
Let’s all appreciate @Diederik ’s hard work on this app and celebrate that he made Goodwe working again within the Solar app. Let’s donate him some free beers at least: https://www.paypal.me/diederik
Thank you Diederik!

1 Like

Sent a donation a couple of weeks back :slight_smile: Very much appreciate Diederik’s work on this

Thanks to everyone who donated!

I released a small patch that should fix warnings for systems that contain multiple inverters.

What kind of battery storage solution do you use? Is it tied to the GoodWe system?

I am afraid that is a wrong translation on Homey’s part. I do not have control over that.

Yep, it is tied to the Goodwe system, and the state of charge (SOC) status is passed to the SEMS portal as shown below. The SOC should be available via the API as I previously used a python script (written by someone else) to pump the SEMS data into the PVOutput.org portal. I can dig up that python script if it would be helpful or interesting?

Can you send me your login credentials? I will have a look into it. This forum has PM functionality, I think?

If I am not mistaken, this can be specified in /app.json

"my_numeric_capability": {
  "type": "number",
  "title": {
    "en": "Energy"
    "nl": "Energie"
  },
  "units": {
    "en": "kWh"
    "nl": "kWh"
  },
}

I am using the default measure_power and meter_power capabilities, I presume your example is for custom capabilities? I used custom capabilities in the past (for this reason) but that was reverted in v3.0 to allow Homey Energy support.

Hi Diederik, just confirming I PM’d you the credentials for SEMS regarding the battery charge - let me know if you didn’t receive or can’t see them. Thanks!