Gardena water control and snesor does not work properly

Hi,
Im trying to create a flow for my gardena water control and sensor. (Yes you need the hub in case you want to control the water control unit.)

What I would like is; If 20.00 and soil humidity is below 40% then turn on water. After 60 minutes turn off water. And from there i want to implement the weaterforecast. In case rain expected in next 12 hours dont turn on water.

The issue I have is that with the curront flow cards the soil humidity really needs to go below the 40 at that specific moment. I want the time to be leading so always at 20.00 unless the soil is wet enough or rain is expected. Now the card says when soil humidity becomes lower than XXX. I think it should be is lower than XXX.

Any ideas?

Welcome to the forum.

No the card’s title is correct, it will only trigger (it is not a condition, also not for advanced flows) if it goes from above 40% to under 40%.
If you want it to check the moisture level at 20.00 then use logic cards “if … is lower then …”.
[IF] it becomes 20:00
[AND] logic: “if (tag:MOISTURE) is lower then 40%”
[AND] no rain in the upcoming 12 hours
[THEN] turn on the water

1 Like

Be aware that the moisture sensor(new model) goes in steps of 5%. So i made the flow if less then 41%. I also made a variable for the less then part. That way i can change this number easily when i want.

If you have the old sensor be aware that it often takes hours(3-4)before the value is updated. The new sensor takes about 1 hour.

Therefore i made the WHEN part, if it is 20.00, then…, if it is 22.00 then …, if it is 23.00, THEN etc etc

1 Like

Thanks Caseda, figured it out.

I also have a question about Water control. I hope its ok to put it here?

I choose to activate water control when soil moisture is under 50% and turn off after 15minutes It is in pots.
I activates when under 50% but always turns of after 60seconds, does anyone know why?

This is a standard gardena app setting(not Homey). In your Gardena app go to settings for the water Control and pick a value

1 Like