From Zipato to Homey?

Hi.

I’m considering to change my system from Zipato to Homey.

I would like to ask if you have knowledge of this kind situation to help me out.

What are the pros and cons of both systems?

How does zipato rules compare to homey’s alternative?

My Zipato system includes z-wave lights and sensors (zipato, everspring, aeotec and fibaro), zigbee lights and sensors (ikea, osram), 433mhz Nexa devices (sensors, wall plugs, remotes, wall switches), Oregon 433mhz sensors. Zipato ir extender. Zipato Ip camera.

Will my devices work with homey?

Are there virtual devices like Zipato has?

I’m also using Google home and amazon Alexa and sonos. How well can these work with homey?

Can pushover service be used with homey?

At the moment system is mainly used to control lights an surveillance/security.

I’m planning to control heating (floor and radiator) and cooling in the future as well.

I hope to have more wife/family friendly solution.

I’ll appreciate all input you can give me.

Thanks in advance!

Regards Karpazu

I moved from Zipato few days ago. No problems you can do even more with Homey of course. Just missing the Zipato rules a bit because you can have more complex flows in just one rule. Bypassed with multiple flows in homey. Zwave range is ok I had no problems.

More complex logic could be configured by using homeyscript.
https://homey.app/en-us/app/com.athom.homeyscript/HomeyScript/

I’m also interested on migrating, I have been a long time supporter for Zipato but it appears now to be dead, support is very bad, looks like they keep loosing functionality instead of adding. I was curious also about the rules, Zipato rules are the best I have seen in all home automation platforms.

I would like to add to this topic a question, what is your experience with Homey security system? It is a must for me and Zipato’s used to work very good. My system is also pretty large, I have over 50 physical devices including Smart Lights (Hue, Zipato), Smart Relays (Aeotec & Qubino), Shutter controls (Qubino), LED Strips (Qubino), Door/Window sensors (Fibaro, Aeotec, Zipato), Motion Sensors (Fibaro, Aeotec), Temperature sensors (Zipato), Sonos Audio, Alexa Voice Control, Smart Locks (Yale Zwave), Roomba Robots, Wifi Cameras and I also use integrations through IFTTT, etc.

Any feedback you can help me decide the migration I will appreciate it, I have a considerable investment on Home Automation and wouldn’t like to take a decision I might regret.

Thanks.

I just purchased the homey Pro and wat to replace my Zipabox (1st generation, i was an early adopter)

if anyone has clever tips to move devices easy from Zipato to Homey i would love to read about your experiences.

There is no way how to migrate devices to Homey. You need to add them one by one from scratch.

i was already afraid for that. Thanks for your quick response

I was an early adopter too, power user, multiple boxes and tiles, however I think zipato’s death is imminent so I am waiting for my homey to start the migration, I might use the zboxes as satelites for specific applications, however I cannot start tinkering on how (perhaps http requests or mqtt?) since I haven’t received my homey.