Flow just once

Thanks. Did not find that thread before. You guys helped me a lot. I think my idea I posted in my question is not pretty smart, since how should it work. “is there an option to overrule a flow. Situation. A flow turns on and dims a lamp to 20% („dim flow“) in the hallway at 7pm. If I now want to overrule the flow, because I need 100% light, e.g. with asking Alexa to turn on lamp to 100%, the „dim flow“ always dims the light back.” After reading the thread “flow just once” I understand the problem. Still wondering if there might be a possibility / logic which solves my problem (except of turning off the flow). Thanks for your guys great support.

Don’t know if it is doable with Alexa or Google (however, with Google you can start fav flows nowdays, so with Google it is) since you only turn on the light and the sensor still is active. You could create a new flow which disables the dim flow when manually pushing the power switch. This is how I have automated one of our rooms. Normally the light turns on by motion for a set time of 3 minutes. When pushing the physical power switch it disables the motion sensor flow and starts a timer for 30 minutes, which, when finished, enables the motion flow again and turns off the light.

Thanks Martijn. How would you create a flow based on a manual power switch (not a smart one). Your logic however should work, good idea. Just wondering about the logic with the manual switch.

I’ve added fibaro dimmer’s or shelly dimmers to my physical switches, so I can filter on that.

ah. thought that. So no option, except I add another device. Hm, prob. not an option then. I was wondering if the Voice trigger to Alexa could be used for a flow. Didn’t find anything.

Answering the original question:
You can also use CountDown app for create a timer: just include “start countdown from 10 minutes” (of whatever time period) in “Then” section, and “only if countdown is not running” in “And” section - simple way to disable next executions of the flow for a fixed amount of time