Fibaro Motion Sensor does not report/stuck

That would be ridiculous if Homey Pro has less Z-Wave range than regular Homey. What is the distance that he has to travel to the motion sensor?

Do you have a wall plug that you can place near the motion sensor (or any other powered Z-Wave device)? To increase the Z-Wave range?

I assume you have already tried standard actions? Such as wake-up and re-add the device.

I’ve re added the device multiple times, also wake up doesn’t change a thing. Reset of the sensor also doesn’t make any difference.

The distance is about 5-6 meters with only a glass door in between.

There is a fibaro door sensor @2 meter from the motion sensor, but I guess battery powered doesn’t hub.

The motion sensor was actually the second (from about 25) sensor I started transforming from ‘old Homey to the new Homey Pro.

But it would be rediculous if the Homey Pro can’t connect to a zwave sensor at 5 meters without a hop.
But then again as ranch would be the problem why does lux and temperature keep updated. But everything does work as it should when I lay the sensor right next to the Homey. I’m totally confused

Along the way of figuring out what’s going on, i’ve placed a dimmer 2 right in between the homey and the motion sensor. So if the signal shouldn’t be strong enough for a direct connection (which I can’t imagine within 5 meters) it can hop through the dimmer 2. But unfortunately this also seems not to make any difference

Did you also tried to ‘send node information frame’ via Homey Developers page?

http://developer.athom.com/tools/zwave

In the left panel go to ‘Tools’ and then ‘Z-wave’.

it says ‘node information frame ok’

I have 3 Fibaro FGMS001 Motion sensors that were working “somewhat” when connected to my Vera Plus. As I now have moved to Homey 2.0, they have become completely unreliable… I am now testing Xiaomi Aqara Motion sensors and that appear to be more reliable…
Seems like Fibaro is the source of the problem, even though the controller implementation on Vera was somewhat better…

Hi.

I’m in the process of migrating from Smartthings to Homey Pro and I’m also experiencing the issue with the motion alarm being stuck at “Yes” for the two Fibaro Motion sensors I’ve migrated so far. These were working flawlessly with the Smartthing hub, so this is a big disappointment…

Has anyone got an update from Athom on the issue? Is a downgrade to 2.1.16 the only workaround currently present?

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello,

Any update on this issue?
Got Fibaro Door/window sensor and motion sensor pretty much “bricked”.

They report lux and temperature as they should but motion and/or tamper larm won’t update.

2 fibaro motion sensors and 3 fibaro door/window sensors are affected.

All other philips lamps and devices are working as expected.

Have the same problem. Just Received 4 fibaro zwave plus motions sensors. Just installed 2 and they are stuck on the motion alarm. Reinstalled the app, reboots , deleting and adding them again. Nothing seems to work :sob:

I have this issue also. I’m on 2.5.0. Have you heard anything about a solution?

Get an Aeotec extender, place it within 1 meter from Homey if range issues! The Fibaro door/window sensors/magnet have to be perfectly aligned or they will show as described!

In the new Fibaro app version they changed the way the motion sensor is added.
If you add the Motion Sonsor (zwave plus) now , it’s not added secure anymore.
And i think the response from the sensor is better now.

I also read on the web that adding a non secure vs secure device the response and range is better.

This was a bs post, sorry

No, that’s not correct!

you are confusing it with Aeotec devices, Fibaro has only secure inclusion unless the controller insists to not include the device secure.

Ooops, you’re 100% right. My bad and my apologies for the confusion… :blush:

no problem :wink: So if people have problems with the motion sensor plus , try to remove and add the device again.

Good News! Hopefully the problem with the motion sensor being stuck will soon be fixed. A friend of mine got this reply from Athom recently:

We are aware of these issues and they have been fixed. Please wait until your Fibaro integration is updated to 2.1.43 (which is currently in alpha and will be released soon) and pair these devices again.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and want to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

All the best,
Best regards

— Athom Support

1 Like

Any updates on the fix?

Im still having the issue, with motion alarm stuck , it does not reset. All is updated to latest version. Seems like the motion sensor sends a reset signal but homey doesn’t not recieve/acknowledge? Has anyone looked at the logs?