Features & Specifications

You have a beautiful website with lots of eye candy but I am missing some hard data, preferably presented in simple, unvarnished text tables.

1. Do you have a device with built-in voice control (not 3d party, e.g. Alexa, Google, Siri)?
  2. What are the differences between Homey Pro 2019 and Homey Pro 2023?
  3. Can Homey Pro 2019 still be ordered? The webshop just lists «Homey Pro» as «in stock», which presumably means HP 2019, but several other places on the website say to pre-order the new HP in the webshop.
  4. Where can I find detailed specifications of the Homey Bridge?

Do you have a device with built-in voice control (not 3d party, e.g. Alexa, Google, Siri)?

No, this was removed completely, even on Homeys with microphone, as the voice server is turned off.

What are the differences between Homey Pro 2019 and Homey Pro 2023?

What isn’t different is a better question, they are 2 fully different devices, inside and out, the only thing that is the same is the 433MHz chip.

Can Homey Pro 2019 still be ordered? The webshop just lists «Homey Pro» as «in stock», which presumably means HP 2019, but several other places on the website say to pre-order the new HP in the webshop.

No, the Older Homey Pro (2019) has been out of stock for several months now.

Where can I find detailed specifications of the Homey Bridge?

What do you want to know? It is a bridge based on a ESP32 between Homey (cloud) and your local devices (ZigBee, Z-Wave, BLE, IR), with the exception of LAN devices (local network devices), the rest happens in the cloud (for now, untill satellite mode is introduced in Q1 next year, maybe)

Thanks for the prompt response!
Is it possible to quote the previous post when responding? I didn’t see how.
Too bad about voice control; to me this is the most important privacy concern.
If HP 2019 is sold out and the new HP won’t be available until 2023, why does the webshop show “Homey Pro” as “in stock”?
Lacking voice control, my immediate use case for the. Homey Bridge would be to replace my Marmitek PowerMid with a more selective 433 MHz RF receiver capable of providing IR commands to other components via hard-wired connections as well as so-called “IR Blasters” (IR emitters which plug into a bridge or repeater). Does Homey Bridge have an IR electrical output, e.g. to drive IR blasters? Are there any published specs for the Homey Bridge?

Just select text and press ‘Quote’

Or use the empty “text balloon” on the left to quote the entire last post (the one above your reply).

No, it has it’s own IR transmitter with a big bunch of ‘remotes’ for several devices. There’s no listing afaik. But it’s the same available IR devices as on 201x Pro’s with v7.2.0+ firmware.

It’s possible to use cloud driven IR blasters, but then there’s the issue of apps which aren’t allowed or suited for Homey cloud/bridge.
F.i. Tuya Cloud based IR blasters, or Broadlink ones.

Afaik no. Not at Athom’s. Only Pro 2023 in pre-order atm.
Maybe somewhere is a (web)shop with the white ball in stock, but having seen many Q’s about “where can I buy a 2019 Pro”…

I think for this + bridge specs you’d contact Athom
info@homey.app

Thanks for the tips!

This isn’t just “somewhere”; it is Athom’s own webshop, and it shows the hockey puck (presumably HP 2023) not the white ball (presumably HP 2019).

I thought there might be some Athom employees monitoring this forum, but I have taken your advice and written Athom directly.

1 Like

Most likely because the webstore has no “pre-order” option in the status, just “in stock” or “out of stock”.
With out of stock people can’t order at all.

They do monitor occasionally, but very rarely respond.
It is a community forum, not an Athom support forum, the only thing they do for us is hosting it (and paying for the hosting)

Sorry I meant, while it isn’t available in Athoms webshop any longer, it might be a possibility a shop somewhere on the globe has a Pro 2019 in stock.