[Feature request] Trigger datetime with tags

I would like to start a flow based on a tag with a time. The only trigger card available is a literal time, not a variable time. Plus there’s a gate-card (and) with a date, again a literal, not a variable.

If we can trigger flows based on a time-tag and a date-tag, we can set the next start date/time in the flow.

Thanks!

Could you perhaps give a concrete example?

I’m building a smart charging flow. For that, I check my calendar for the next appointment I need to go to. Plus I check energy prices to see when it’s cheap to charge (dynamic pricing contract). So then I need to start and stop charging based on the optimal start/stop time I calculate. If I can trigger a part of my flow based on that date/time, that makes it quite easy. I can use Chronograph with a timer but that’s a lot of extra hassle to calculate the duration of the timer.

So for that reason I would like to fill a variable with a date and another with a time, then use the When trigger card “The time is…” with that time variable as tag, then use a And condition card “Today is…” with that date variable as tag.

What’s available now is:

Which is hard-coded, can’t change date or time in a flow.

And what I want is (mockup):

Variable names, can change them in a flow and the date and time automatically change.

Check the “Timey” app, it has a triggercard which can use a variable as time input

You can discuss with its developer if a date tag can be added to the app, which can be used in a conditional card.

Okay, understand.
I agree with you that this should be possible using the standard Flow cards, so without any additional Homey apps.