[Feature Request] APPS Search Engine - Does Not Work for - "IKEA Tradfri" . "TP Link" . "Philip Hue"

What do you like to achieve with all the words in caps and the big & bold parts? We are not infants?
It now looks like a very bad designed advertisement :face_with_peeking_eye:
It makes me NOT reading your posts in detail, sorry.

2 Likes

You don’t have to tag me, pls create a support ticked or use google.

Or maybe check this.

The search engine is the least that borders me for Athom development to put time in.
Maybe check this one Content Marketeer | Homey Careers

Hi Peter - thanks for the feedback,

• Sorry, if the bold formatting of my post today, caused offence, this was never my intention.
  • When I first posted about the “IKEA Tradfri” search not working, it was just a simple post.
  • I was updating my original thread - by adding in additional “non working” search tags.
  • I thought, finding “IKEA Tradfri” was not working, may be relevant as they are a major brand.
  • When Athom find time to improve their search engine, I wanted them to have all of the non working search strings in one thread, for their technical engineers to refer to at a later date.
  • Geurt replied, as he could NOT replicate my reported problem, ref searching “IKEA Tradfri”.
  • I realised that, my original post, was not been worded very clearly.
  • I therefore responded with some more detail - and probably went over the top to re-word.
  • I was trying to clarify why it was not working for me, but was working OK for Geurt.
  • I was also trying to identify, browsers & platforms it did not work in - i.e. Windows / IPAD etc
  • I added extra detail, as I care enough to want to improve things, and to make it crystal clear.
  • I was also hoping that someone from Athom may one day, be asked to view the post.
  • I realise that the Community itself cannot cure this problem.
  • I have gone back and removed the BOLD words - to try and not cause offense.
  • I was genuinely trying to contribute to make Homey a better and improved platform.
  • My login is greyed out, so does not allow me to raise a support ticket until I purchase my Homey Pro. The community suggests users wait until BETA v10.3.0-rc.7, becomes final.
  • I intend to mainly purchase, Matter over Thread devices, so as I am a new and inexperienced user, I thought it would be best to wait for the full Thread release, before purchasing my Homey Pro.
  • After purchase, my Login will, allow me to send an improvement request directly to Athom.
  • Apologies, if I have caused offence, it was never intended, hope that this is now corrected.

Regards Tony :slight_smile:

1 Like

Additional information for Athom,
which may help when they start working on improving the Apps search engine.

I have been thinking about why my IKEA search was not working
and it might be a bug related to Language Keyboards

• “IKEA TrĂ„dfri” - Works OK

• “IKEA Tradfri” - NOT Working

My original post on this thread, was because I was searching the APP store for “DASHBOARDS”.
To help anyone else on the Community who may also be searching for Dashboard software.

My original search for - “DASHBOARDS” - found 4 x Apps

If you change your search and do a new search without the plural - you will find more APPS.

A new search for just “DASHBOARD” - non plural - will give a result of - 6 Apps

This better search will give you more APP options to choose from.