Do Athom even care?

No, you already mentioned that you bought Homey 3 years ago

Well, i’ve ‘only’ had Homey for approx. 1,5 year, but I have to disagree. I believe some of the updates contained:

• Back-up & Restore / Cloud
  • Homey Energy
  • Alexa
  • Google Chromecast
  • KNX
  • Family
  • Camera’s
  • Zones
  • new languages (perhaps not usefull for you, but it is for other users)
  • And now they are working on the Zigbee rewrite. Have you noticed the beta firmware?

So yeah, basically no movement

Never heard of it.

Sucks to hear. I don’t no why, and you could ask Athom. I don’t think they want to remove support, because more supported devices is more customers. It’s often a choice of the manufacturer to change something. But I don’t know about Take Hive specifically, you should ask Athom

Yeah, it sucks. But that smart home really. Upside > you could receive an update tomorrow which supports a new device. Downside > the support can disappear as well. I don’t like it either.

But it’s also not fair to say that ‘every sucks’. Please remain specific, polite and constructive. And you are more than welcome to complain/inform other users that you haven’t received the support you would have wanted. But please try to refrain from saying:

When that’s just not true. The issue here is that you have a specific light which currently does not work. And you want Athom to fix it. And approx. 10 people agree with you: Osram Lightify - #14 by vaderag
If less than 15 people even bother to react to the topic, the demand for support for this specific device isn’t that high. So if it were up to me, I would also opt to develop Zigbee rather than add that specific device. I’m sorry that you don’t see it that way

2 Likes