Custom insight reporting

Can you set your own insight values? Like I have rmsVoltage, but also rmsVoltagePhaseB and rmsVoltagePhaseC.

Can I report these from a Zigbee driver? Could not really find anything related to setting “insight data” in the documentation. Seems to just happen magically when you setCapabilityValue()

Not sure I understand, but you can store them as custom capabilities and then you will get insights for those. But that’s probably not what you meant ?

1 Like

If you create Advanced Virtual Device (app) with insight, you can store any value there and see on trends…

Would this work for you?

Looks like this is probably what I need. I tried setting this up, but I get an error message when I try to follow the examples in old or new docs.

.homeycopose/capabilities/meter_rmsVoltagePhaseA.json

{
  "type": "number",
  "title": {"en" :  "Voltage Phase A"},
  "units": {"en" : "V"},
  "getable": true,
  "setable": false,
  "uiComponent": null,
  "uiQuickAction": false,
  "icon": "/assets/icon.svg",
  "insights": true
}

.drivers/qudo/driver.compose.json

{
  "capabilities": [
    "dim",
    "meter_power",
    "measure_power",
    "measure_voltage",
    "meter_rmsVoltagePhaseA",
    "onoff"
  ],
}

.drivers/qudo/device.js

class Device extends ZigBeeDevice {

async onNodeInit({ zclNode }) {

await this.setCapabilityValue('meter_rmsVoltagePhaseA', this.voltagePhaseA)
          .catch((err) => {
            this.error('Error setting rmsVoltage capability:', err);
          });

}

}

I get the error

2024-06-12T09:58:29.118Z [err] [Homey:665877af2fb1e463cd51143e] [ManagerDrivers] [Driver:qudo] [Device:a7988fb9-117d-4e6e-8c7f-40852cb5383f] Error setting rmsVoltage capability: Invalid Capability: meter_rmsVoltagePhaseA

I feel like I’ve missed something obvious here…

Edit:
What I missed was that I needed to remove and readd the device…

If you add a capability to the driver, already existing devices won’t get this capability automatically.
You have to re-add the device or add the capability in onInit() using this.addCapability() … and perhaps check before with if (!this.hasCapability()).

2 Likes