Considering switch from Hubitat - Yoolax supported?

The one device I can’t find any info on is my roller shades by Yoolax. I found one topic in this community from 4 years ago with no comments. Anybody successfully using Yoolax with Homey Pro? Maybe with a generic app/driver or something? Thanks in advance!

First of all, welcome to the Homey Community!

To make sure you are aware of the forum rules, please read the Welcome to the forum! post here.

Hi David and welcome!

I don’t know Yoolax roller shades, but if no App is available for those devices then they are not supported yet. Also not via a generic app or driver.

There are a few exceptions which also work without a special app:
– Zigbee lamps
– Zigbee or Z-Wave smart plugs
– Matter/Thread devices
– sometimes rebranded devices

However, there may still be certain requirements for Matter/Thread devices. For example, some Aqara devices only support Matter if they are connected to an Aqara Hub.

Thanks for the reply. They are pretty popular on Amazon as far as automated Zigbee/BT roller shades (I have the Zigbee one). It’s possible that they are rebranded, but I’m not sure how to know. I suppose, as a developer, I might be able to add an app for that. It looks like there are community apps… Thanks again

You can of course program your own app:

1 Like

Hello David,

I’ve checked the app ‘looks’, and I’m 95% sure it uses Tuya technology.

You can do 3 things atm, as I see it:

1. Install the Tuya Zigbee app’s test version, and cross fingers if it works ( = if this particular devices’ firmware is known)
    Or,
    fork the app, create a 100% tested PR, to have the driver added to that app:
    fork it, create a 100% tested PR, to have the driver added to that app:
    GitHub - JohanBendz/com.tuya.zigbee

For the 2 following options, you’ll have to buy a €15,- Tuya Zigbee - wifi/LAN hub:

1. Install the just introduced ‘official’ Tuya app, and wait for curtains to be supported.
    Or,
    fork the app, create a 100% tested PR, to have the driver added to that app:
    https://github.com/athombv/com.tuya

2. Install the Tuya Cloud app, curtains are supported.

Downside of 2.) and 3.):
now your local Zigbee signal is re-routed through wifi through Tuya cloud servers.

1 Like

Interesting; thanks for the ideas! Out of curiosity, what pointed you to Tuya as compatible?

Thx! Well, experiences do.
Lots of iot brands / devices use Tuya technology under the hood.
When I come across an unknown brand, and their website keeps quiet about the technology, I always check the app’s app store screenshots for “Tuya signs”

1 Like