Cheapest smart curtains?

I think at the moment the answer to that question is yes. That’s why I am hesitated to buy these.

There is a hardware switch on the device to set it to “local”. Cloud control won’t work anymore.

This requires a different way to control the API. I am going to look into that in a few months. Not sure if the non-cloud-API is ready yet, and I am quite busy at the moment.

A hardware switch?
Have I overlooked that on my Slide?
Where to find it?

I think it is on the bottom. Didn’t try it myself yet.

There’s nothing on mine. Would you check please? Could be interesting!
I see some remarks in the Kickstarter-period to keep it local, but did that get into the production model?

Looking at there website, the local API is still on the roadmap. It’s planned for spring this year. So they are late.
Elsewhere I can see that you have to contact them to get beta firmware, in where the local API is Integrated. So it’s not in production yet.

It did get into it. I can’t see it on the bottom, however, but I have a vague memory of them telling me it is covered or something. Not completely sure where it is.

But indeed you need to have the beta firmware before you can use the local API. I don’t have that yet, but I’m sure it will all be published when it’s done.

I am a beta tester for Slide firmware, so that switch could still be very interesting to me… :slight_smile:

I have the B1. works without problems.

Hey, how do you check your B1 firmware ? you need Aqara gateway or direct Homey ? :thinking:

1 Like

Hi All,
Is it possible to use IKEA rotation dimmer to open/ close the curtain based on anti / clockwise rotation ?
Please share your experience and flow. :slightly_smiling_face:

For future reference:
The below actuator can be integrated in Homey, and works flawlessly:

The below actuator can NOT be integrated in Homey:

There is SwitchBot as well SwitchBot Curtain - Make your curtains smart in seconds – SwitchBot Global

2 Likes