Cheapest smart curtains?

I intended to order the curtains from xiaomi. ‘Fortunately’ I saw just in time that a newer version comes on March 15th. Hopefully they will then be sold quickly via Aliexpress.

https://homekitnews.com/2019/01/22/aqara-to-release-updated-curtain-controller/

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

Hi Gruijter,

Did you received the Slide yet? And if you did, are you satisfied with the product? I’m considering to buy one but I’m still in doubt.

still waiting… The first batch was about to be shipped out, but I guess I’m in the second batch :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hope it’s worth the wait and that it will be there soon. Keep us posted :slight_smile:

@Upsilon and @Gruijter you may have read my positive story on Homey 2.0.0 Community App Compatibility List

I have installed 3 Slides last friday. It is worth the wait. I am fully satisfied with the way they work. I received mine before the manuals were ready but even with my 2 left hands I managed to install them in under 15 minutes.
Check my video:

This was the first test after the first installation. If you look closely, the app on my Ipad shows an error because they were still working on the backend.
Another thing you might notice, is that the curtains don’t fully close. I thought I installed it the wrong way but I just had one curtain part that leans on the wires, after I moved it the wires were not visible anymore and it now is completely dark when closed.

The routines you can add in the app work well, I have my curtains in the living room close 30 minutes after sunset and open at sunset. However, I will make that go through Homey soon because when my windows are open the curtains can’t close automaticly. I have doorsensors to see if they are open or closed.

If you want to see or know anything else related to Slide, let me know!

6 Likes

@Jorden thank your for all this information! It looks very nice and good to know that it will work with homey 2.0.

Do you know of the Slides that are still available at indiegogo.com are the same as the are selling now? (Because that would save me some money haha :stuck_out_tongue: )

Yeah there is only 1 Slide, no differences in type between Kickstarter, Indiegogo and when they will become available in store (I think).
I think you’ll need some more patience when you order though; first batch was just sent out, few more batches before all preorders are done. I think they are expecting and awaiting some negative feedback from the first batch, they will process that and then send out the second batch in a few weeks.
(Feedback mostly related to the app, instruction manuals and such).

Ok thanks. I thinks I’ll just have to wait. I see that they are available for pre-order on https://nl.goslide.io/ at €299. So better to order the perk at indiegogo for €219 haha.

AHHHH… my button finger is hovering over the order button!!!

Hahaha, indeed :smile:

@Jorden I received my Slide today and had it up and running without any major issues (some small ones related to the app but was able to sort it out with Kaj, great guys!). The Slide is also very quiet, more than I expected.

Now waiting for your Homey-app, hopefully you get the information from IIM soon so I can connect it to Homey! Should you need someone to test it please let me know, happy to help!

Little update about the new smart curtains of Xiaomi:
https://homekitnews.com/2019/03/14/aqara-b1-curtain-controller-first-look/

I have not yet found them on Aliexpress

Review of the new Aqara B1 curtain controller
https://homekitnews.com/2019/03/27/aqara-b1-curtain-controller-review/

1 Like

FYI, Slide app working with the “final” Slides is now available:
https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.innovationinmotion.slide

1 Like

@Jorden Great, it seems to work. Although sometimes I get an error that the app stopped working but after sometime and/or restarting it, it comes back.

Also what does ‘schuif rechts om te sluiten’ means or should do? When I swipe to the right nothing happens? Or is that WIP?

That text was actually for the previous version, where the slider was still horizontal. It’s now actually “Slide up to close”.

I have made a new update last friday and submitted it to the appstore for approval which changes the text. The crash you are experiencing is probably also solved in that version.

But I am soon going to investigate some other options, because I think I can improve the app. Right now, Homekit sees 8% closed as 8% open I think, so I need to reverse that. And I am using the “Dim” option because that was exactly what I needed, but it now shows in the app as “Dim” instead of “Open/close”.

Ok, thanks for all the quick updates. Will await the next version and if issues arise I will let you know.

BTW, is there already a seperate topic for the Slide app under the Apps sections, I believe not? I assume it would be better to discuss/talk about your app there instead of in this thread? I know I need to look here but new users will probably first search the app section (also the word ‘slide’ is so generic it gets a lot of hits when searching the forum…).

Created one, thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

For the people that are waiting for the new aqara b1 curtain controller, probably in June:

1 Like