Button + (Release 0.5.5, Test 0.5.5)

If you set it to ‘Window coverings state’ then press and hold, the move request will be sent when the button pressed, followed by the stop request when you release the button. Not sure if that helps. Any other logic would required a Flow.

Hi,

is my understanding correct that the 2 buttons on the base unit can’t be configured with the button configuration? What is the easiest way to use these?
Or do people use it to scroll through the pages? (and if they do, do you have an example flow to do this in homey?).

Thanks!

You are correct.
The buttons can trigger Flows but they can also scroll pages that are setup by the page option in the display configuration.

Hello,
I am having problems upgrading the firmware of my buttonplus, I keep getting attached return message when I want to upgrade?
IP address also checked on the button itself and it matches, otherwise the button works as it should, only the screen often refreshes 10 to 15 times before it becomes stable?
a bug somewhere?

Ronald changed the command format to allow specific versions to be selected, so the request changed from a GET to a POST. I will publish an update to the app shortly that fixes this, but in the meantime you can update via the Button+ browser interface.

Ok, Thanks Adrian.

The test version is in the store now.

1 Like

@Adrian_Rockall Having a bit trouble with “re-applying configurations” (either by flow of by the button in the device setting),
It seems to toggle between applying them correctly and incorrectly.
The first time it applies them correctly and the second time it doesn’t. or the other way round.

Hope I am describing it clearly. Sent you a video by PM to clearify if needed. :slight_smile:

I will try to investigate this evening.

1 Like

New test version should hopefully fix the Apply Configuration issue.

1 Like

Yes, confirming that is working great again!
Thx for the quick fix @Adrian_Rockall!

1 Like

@Adrian_Rockall the button’s on my device don’t react anymore
6a77e2e3-1177-4323-ba89-2fc91273aafb

After a long time I changed the configuration of one of the button bars. After re applying the changed button configuration all buttons on the device don’t trigger anything.
Updated firmware and latest test version of app.

If I look in mqtt explorer I see mqtt messages send from the device. The virtual buttons in the app itself work.
I observe that the click mqtt messages (and configuration of the device) show

{ id: panelId, idx: buttonIdx }

Is this correct? Shouldn’t this be the real number of bar and button?

Ah ,I think I know what’s happening. I will provide a fix ASAP.

1 Like

New test version in the store to fix the broken payload.

1 Like

@Adrian_Rockall , thx for the quick fix. It’s working again :grinning::+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi

I’ve 0.5.3 of your great app on two Button+ devices, one with 1 display and 1 bar, the other one with 4 bars and without display. Unfortunately I have one problem, but I am not sure if it is regarding your app or regarding firmware of button+ (1.12.3). After some time or FW update of Homey button is not working probably. Therefore I tried to restart your app 10s after restarting Homey. On the first device (1 display+1 bar) the configuration was working well on the other the configuration goes back to the initial color and BTN1,… after a second configruation all was working again but the color was the initial one.

A reset on the device button shows the correct color/values.

Therefore I have two questions:

1. Can you als give the RGB for general settings to the app?
  2. Is it a problem for the app or for the button?

Many thanks in advance
best regards

Update: I saw there is a 0.5.4 (Fix Apply Configurations function) which is under test at the moment, so maybe this will solve the problem

The version 0 5 5 might fix the problem. If not then let me know.

OK thanks

Is there a possibility to use the Beta Version before it is official?
Many thanks in advance

Just find the app in the store and then add /test to the end of the URL.

Edit: But, 0.5.5 has just gone live.

1 Like