[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

I also have problems to connect all my aqara motion sensors…none of them I can connect…anybody else the same problem?

1 Like

Can I ask you a question, @Ted?
I just re-added the Double Relay to be used in the new way (2 separate devices) after upgrading to v5rc34 and installing your app v1.0.1. All well and they function great, but I noticed one thing:

Only one of the “devices” shows the energy usage. The other “device” lacks this view. The first one shows the energy usage of the second “device” when being ised. Is this a limitation of the new integration or is something wrong or not implemented yet here?

This way it seems the first device has used energy, when in fact, it was the second device.
The outputs of the relay are two different devices, which can be switched on/off separately. So in my opinion, there should be a view for energy usage on both “devices” too, not?

Wasn’t planning to do the upstairs floor today, but because this remark I did it anyway. Reason for this, I have 1 motion sensor there from Aqara and after a couple of tries, it did work. I think i’ve tried 4 times before it connected, but no, not the same problem.

I have problem with ZigBee subdevices. Aqara Wall Switch Double (LN) new version - right switch stops to work with timeout, but left works fine. Old driver works fine with two buttons always. I think we have some troubles with new athom`s zigbee realisation. And there is difficult to add new devices, i agree.

If I would have the opportunity to implement it also for the second switch (separately), I would have done it. In fact the relay only reports one (combined) power-level…

@Ivan_Ryzhik can you create an issue on GH with a more extensive description of the issue:

• which specific Aqara Wall Switch Double (LN) are you using (Zigbee productID)?
  • send and share the apps diagnostics report; it should show the specific error which is causing the timeout.

Ah, I see. Pity… Bad inplementation by Aqara then… :frowning:
Thanks for answering, Ted!

Dear Ted,

Thank you for your great work. I loved using your app for some years (then up to 20 devices) and hope to start loving it again with even more devices. At the moment I’m experiencing issues with nearly all Aqara Zigbee devices becoming unresponsive after a few minutes to a few hours. I added the requested info in a github issue.

Tried so far: restart Homey, restart Aqara app, re-adding devices, waking devices, adding devices in a different order, removing and adding devices, nearly restarted the Zigbee network - however I don’t want to loose all insights data.

Thank you for your support! Any advice by anyone,that can help me solve this issue is greatly appreciated.

It’s not a software but rather a hardware issue.

Currently on 5.0,o rc 34.
Philips Hue 2.0.7.

• Door/Window sensor (MCCGQ01LM) (contact alarm)
    After 5 sensors i cant add more.

I do know that it can take a while or even days in order to Homey to sort out the mesh network. I have some xiaomi/aqara devices, mostly end devices that have their routing clear.

But most devices are not. Is it just a waiting game or can this be forced/triggered manually?

I tried to “interview” these devices, that works fine in reality but have a question mark in this list. I get these messages
and then

But I really really like the new meshing. Great work @TedTolboom

Hello to Ted and All,
I have updates to teh experimental version and also to the test version of this app.
All works great exect the Light sensor, this on keeps telling, zigbee device clould not initialize.
I already try to include it again but it dit not work, homey say, this device is already included.

Some advice would be great!

THX!!!

!

1 Like

I second that, just was planning to raise the same issue / question. I included all aqara devices and everything works as expected (thanks @TedTolboom!) except for the Light Sensor. I excluded and included again but direct after it’s working again it stops.

1 Like

First delete the Light sensor and then add it again
You may have to fix your flow afterwards

@cautje and @Martijn_Hoogenbosch, my Xiaomi light sensor works perfectly. Even connecting without any problems.

1 Like

I am looking into the issue… it is likely related to a initialization after the initial one…
So when new included, it will be fine. When the app is restarted afterwards (including updating the app), it will fail. Fix will be included in the next update

2 Likes

I don’t want to start another general zigbee discussion, but my experience about adding zigbee devices to Homey is that it’s way more stable, especially Aqara devices, if you add them at the very position where they’re supposed to be rather than including them close to Homey, for further comments see Zigbee routing and 20 devices (directly connected) hardware limit. The inclusion advice when pairing (at least with v4.2) is that you should keep the devices close to Homey. Maybe it’s time to change that advice, @TedTolboom?

1 Like

That was my experience to! With no restart. It stays fine

I have not restarted Homey since my upgrade to V5 and Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - Zigbee App Test: v1.0.1

Thnx for the great app!

I still have some isseus that some devices won’t respond always I need to reboot homey then.

Still no routing visible after 5 days (have 4 routers and 14 end devices)

Also see this in my timeline from 2 devices.