[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

It looks correct from a web browser. But I tried removing the device and add it again but now It won’t add at all, so maybe I was just lucky the first time. I’ll go with IP adress, no big deal as long as they are reserved in the dhcp.

This is a completely different approach as the device condition and action card that have now been added. Please submit a feature request on Github and I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

I’m not getting any readings from my H&T. It adds ok and then goes offline after about 4 m. Then it goes online every hour or if a reading changes by 1C or 5%H. But my device in Homey has no reading at all. Have restarted the app with the H&T online and added it again a few times but no difference. Am I missing something?

Is there an option to enable CoAP protocol in the web interface of your Shelly HT? If so, have you enabled it?

Not that I can see. There is MQTT and the option to send http get updates when T/H changes…

If you know how to run the app from the command line with the command homey app run ([HOW TO] CLI install method) you could run the app and see if it detected on the network as CoAP device. And if it is detected, why it’s not updating the status in Homey.

The first generation battery powered Shelly device are quite flaky though.

Do we know when Homey will update Shelly so we can add Shelly 1L?

Assuming you mean “when Athom will update Homey”: nobody knows (some people are expecting the new firmware “any time now”, but AFAIK that’s based more on hope than anything else).

Thanks @Phuturist for implementing overpowered funtion !!!

I Need Support!
Habe some Shelly Plug s Which Worked without any problem. Sinne yesterday Homey is showing one Plug s as unavailable.
I can See the Plug in the Shelly App, in Browser, but Homey does not.
I deleted the device and tried to add it again, homey shows me that he found the ip, but then can’t connect.
I restarted all, homey, the plug, WiFi. No success
All other plugs are still connected.
Does anyone has an idea

Reboot Homey and try again. Looking at the error it’s Homey network stack being flaky again.

Unfortunately no success.
Reboot did not help. Any other idea?

It tries to access it on port 80, in your browser the IP has an exclamation mark in front of it, doesn’t that mean it is accessing it on port 443 but without a valid cert? Try and hard type the url http://192.168.0.72 and see what happens? If that doesn’t help, i would agree; it is very strange.

More likely it means it’s not a secure connection (so HTTP instead of HTTPS).

yes, that could be it too :wink: well, then it doesn’t make sense. Why, besides the flaky stack, can’t homey reach the plug. Maybe give it a different IP address and remove it from homey and readd on new IP.

it was http and worked.
at the end i removed the plug from homey as well as from shelly cloud and started from scratch.
now homey was able to include (even with the old IP, as my fritzbox assigned the same ip).
very strange

1 Like

I need some help. Today I received the new Shelly Duo RGBW light bulb and added it to the Shelly Cloud app and then to Homey. The lamp works pretty well and the colors look nice.

In the Shelly Cloud app you can choose between the RGB colors or the White colors. This option is also available in the Shelly app on the Homey only here you cannot toggle between RGW and White. The bulb will hold the last choice from the Shelly Cloud app. For example, if the RGB colors are selected you can choose all colors but not switch to the White colors. Do more people have this problem?

Since V5 was released last night I updated, and also updated to V3 of the Shelly app. I was hoping to find support for Shelly 2.5 actions, but I can’t select them in the list (of the Shelly Card). Are they planned? I was hoping to get them with the update to use my screens with the detached option.

" * Added action flowcard for the Shelly 2(.5) Roller Shutter allowing you to change the roller shutter back to a previously saved state"
I’m assuming this is not the same as action events? (Like now available for Shelly RGBW2)

" * Improved the way the triggercard for “Action event” works. It now uses CoAP for communication as well, this means this release will remove all HTTP callbacks from the Shelly devices if Homey detects a Shelly device that is using them."
My Shelly’s still have the callbacks set and enabled. What should trigger this? Tried rebooting and switching them on/off

Which actions where you hoping to find that are not already supported in some way?

button 1 shortpress etc
When I add a Shelly Action Event card to a flow and press Select your Shelly both my Shelly 2.5 are not available. I see Shelly dimmer 2, dimmer, 1PM, RGWB but not the 2.5. They do have short/long button 1 and 2 actions in the Shelly UI
Also 2 Shelly bulbs (Vintage and BuldDuo) are not there (but that’s not a problem for me)